IM BACK!!!!!! AND FEELING VERY UNCOMORFTABLE

TYSHEA PERKINS
on 3/8/05 12:27 am - Sicklerville, NJ
HELLO EVERONE I HAD SURGERY ON MARCH 3 I JUST CAME HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL ON MARCH 7 I AM FEELING GOOD ENOUGH TO POST KNOW SO HERE IT GOES. SURGERY WENT VERY WELL AND UNEVENTFUL. MY RECOVERY IN THE HOSPITAL WAS EVEN ROUGHER I MUST SAY THE ROUGHEST ASPECT ABOUT RECOVERY FOR ME SO FAR HAS BEEN HAVING THAT NASOGASTRIC TUBE GOING DOWN MY NOSE AND MY THROAT. ONCE THE NURSE TOOK THAT OUT I FELT SO MUCH BETTER.MY SCAR ISNT THAT BIG AND I WOULD SAY ITS ABOUT 3-INCHES LONG I HAVE STAPLES AND 1 DRAIN. KNOW THAT I AM HOME THE HARDEST THING FOR ME KNOW IS FINDING A COMFORTABLE POSITION TO SIT OR LIE IN. I HAVE MY FIRST DRS APT TOMMORROW I AM DYING TO KNOW WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN. I HAVE ACTUALLY ONLY BEEN ABLE TO TOLERATE WATER AND ICE CHIPS LITTLE BITS OF CRYSTAL LIGHT. APPLE JUICE, CRANBERRY JUICE, NO JELLO LEAST SINCE I HAVE BEEN OUT OF THE HOSPITAL ALSO EVERYTHING FEELS AS THOUGH IT IS GIVING ME GAS. I ALSO AM HAVING A HARD TIME TAKING MY MEDS PREVICID AND URSODIOL THEY ARE CAPSULES YESTERDAY I SWALLOWED THEM WHOLE AND IT FELT LIKE THEY WERE NEVER GOING TO GO DOWN. TODAY ITOOK PREVICID AND POURED IT IN A LITTLE BIT JUICE BUT IT DOESNT DISSOLVE SO I HARD A HARD TIME DRINKING IT. OTHER THAN THAT I FEEL OK NOT GREAT BUT OK.
IrishIze
on 3/8/05 12:56 am - NJ
Hi Tyshea ~welcome home! The first couple of weeks are the most difficult. You should be feeling better every day. As far as the gas is concerned, make sure you get up and walk at least every hour. I used to stand in front of the TV and kind of march awhile and swing my arms. It helped the gas get moving and also helps to prevent clots. As far as the meds, I opened the capsules and mixed it in with crystal lite or applesauce. Hang in there, it will get better!! Hugs, Nancy -102
beach_37
on 3/8/05 5:26 am - Belvidere, NJ
Tyshea, I am happy you are home and doing well. We had surgery on the same day and from what I can tell we had exactly the same surgery. I also had a hernia repaired and my gall bladder removed, did you have anything else done? I was in ICU for one day and then one day on a regular floor and then home on the 5th. I was just wondering why were you in for so long and why the tube? I didn't have that. I just wasn't able to drin****il I had the upper GI test done the next morning. Seems like we are on the journey together I am interested in learning more about your experience so far. Thanks and I hope you continually feel better every day! Jean
beach_37
on 3/8/05 5:38 am - Belvidere, NJ
me again, I did notice yours was open I had lap maybe that was the difference but would still be interested in hearing more!
Lovin L.
on 3/8/05 8:25 pm - Wildwood Crest, NJ
Hi tyshea, I also had Dr. Iqbal my surgery was 7/30/04! Dr Iqbal is the bomb!!!!!!!!!! Same here with the tube in the nose thing i had a horrible time with that but nothing else, Denice
beach_37
on 3/9/05 7:36 am - Belvidere, NJ
I am just curious what was the tube for and what was it's purpose? Did you also have open RNY?
TYSHEA PERKINS
on 3/11/05 1:39 am - Sicklerville, NJ
the tube in the nose was for to take the excess fluids out of my stomach and yes i had open rny
beach_37
on 3/11/05 8:14 pm - Belvidere, NJ
Oh ok thanks! Mine was lap so I didn't have any of that. I am doing well and hope you are too! I wish you the best. ENjoy the road ahead!
Most Active
Recent Topics