good sales this week

KathyB1971
on 2/26/05 3:35 pm - Lyndhurst, NJ
Hello everyone, As part of my preparation for possible surgery in the future my PCP suggested I start getting used to foods I would be eating post-op. I went to Pathmark tonight ( I live in Northern NJ for those that don't know where Lyndhurst is). They had some great stuff on sale for post ops and pre ops alike. Check for similiar sales in your area. Poland Spring water $3.99 for a case of 24 Snapples(diet of course) 50 cents a bottle Diet Coke 20 oz. 64 cents Boneless skinless chicken breast $1.99 a pound Large Shrimp ONLY $5.99 a pound Lean Cuisine frozen dinners $2.00 including low carb ones Pathmark brand yogurt (sugar free) 40 cents AND Breyers Carb Smart Ice Cream (with Splenda) for $2.74 a half gallon!!! (OT: they also had some great prices on detergent and household stuff) Happy shopping !! Kathy
barbara G.
on 2/26/05 8:03 pm - bayville, NJ
you got a deal on the water!! it was alot more than that in shopright yesterday. i was shopping, too. i'm pre-op and can't believe how fast i go through water. my soda-drinking (thin) family has decided they like bottled water,too. i wonder if a water cooler would be a good investment. barb
KathyB1971
on 2/27/05 12:39 am - Lyndhurst, NJ
It is funny you mentioned a water cooler. My fiance and I bought one for his mother for Christmas 2003 and we paid for her water for the first six months and now we pay it every other month ( he lives with her in a multi-family house and myself and my children are here often so we do drink a lot of the water LOL so it is fair that we help pay for it). The water cooler itself was $89.99 at KMart and I shopped around for one for a while. This was THE BEST ! It has 3 nozzles (hot, cold and room temp.) It has a self piercing rod inside which works with the water bottles so we don't have to open them before we put them on ( a lot less spilling that way). And the ho****er tap has a child safety latch on it. We get the water delivered from Culligan for $6.95 per 5 gallon bottle. They deliver 4 once a month and that just about does it for us !! (It is ever cheaper at wholesale wharehouses like BJs or Sam's but then you have to haul it yourself.) We do buy the bottles as back-ups. I drink a lot of water at work and I just can't see paying $1 or more a bottle. Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics