Support Groups

Mamie07
on 2/23/05 11:48 pm - Red Bank, NJ
Are there any support groups for RNY in the Monmouth County area? My surgeon is all the way up in Morristown, and I can't go tonight because it's going to snow. Snow and rush hour on 287 is not my idea of a good time. Are support groups limited to the patients of a particular doctor, or can one go to any support group?
jmdacc
on 2/24/05 8:14 am - Bridgewater, NJ
I know of a few surgeons/hospitals that are open -I think Monmouth Medical is open, and I know of a doctor in Wayne whose group is open, and I know of some that are not. The group sponsored by the hospital where I had surgery is only open to patients who had their surgery there. There are also groups out there that are unaffiliated with surgeons or hospitals. There is a group in Brick, non-affiliated, someone from the group always posts about the meetings, it's once a month on a Friday. Really nice people, I'd encourage you to try them. Brick is easier to get to from Red Bank than Morristown is. Feel free to email me if you want more info. ps- for some groups, it also matters if you're pre or post op. Jen
Franny M.
on 2/24/05 10:23 am - Central NJ, NJ
I saw a post last week on the board for Community Hospital in Toms River, maybe calling them you could find out. Fran
Most Active
Recent Topics