Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield question.... please help

plove53
on 2/23/05 4:36 am - Clifton, NJ
Hello... I have Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO... They require a physiological exam post op... This cost is $175.00 (that I really don't have)... The Dr will give me back any money they gat from BCBS... Did anyone have BCBS pay for this? Thanks, Phil (this whole thing is happening so fast from my first visit...)
Tinkerbell W.
on 2/24/05 4:47 am - Philadelphia, pa
Hi Phil I have Empire. Have you looked to see if there is a psychologist in the network? I already have a shrink, etc and I pay and they reimburse me half. I would just try to find someone in the network. My docs knew what was needed and I did not have to go to a special shrink. Good luck! I had no problem with the approval. Tink
plove53
on 2/24/05 10:41 pm - Clifton, NJ
Thanks Tink, I called BSBS and yes they do have psychologist and social workers on the PPO/EPO network and I could go to anyone that is on their list. My problem is I pay to be with BCBS (through my job) and I pay co-pay when I see a Doctor, etc... It's not that I'm getting this stuff for free. I just do not like the fact that the psychologist says I have to pay them upfront $175.00 when they are part of BCBS network and if and when they get the monies back from BCBS they will cut me a check. Sorry... but if they want to be part of BCBS network all I have to pay is the co-pay. Am I wrong??? If anyone is going through this at this point please call BCBS just to keep it on the up and up.
Most Active
Recent Topics