RNY vs. AGB

Mary S.
on 2/21/05 5:46 am - Highlands, NJ
OK this subject has probably been posted to death on here at some point but I'm new here so I didn't read any posts about it. I would like to find out how RNY compares to Lap band for amount of weight lost. I was told during a seminar that I went to, that agb was not nearly as successful for weight loss. But I've gotten a few mails from some who had agb and are quite happy with it. I would love to hear from people who have lost a decent amount with lap band. I have to make a decision and I think the best way is to hear from people who have had both. You guys have been great. Thanks to all *****commended their surgeons. I will make some calls tomorrow and start meeting some of them. Mary S.
mariec
on 2/21/05 10:53 am - NJ
In case you haven't already looked it up, there is a forum dedicated to the Band on this site. Go to the home page, then select forum. There are quite a lot of people on here who have had the band. Good luck! Marie 295/275 goal 145?
mary A.
on 2/23/05 5:29 am - central, NJ
Dear Mary, If you are interested in very rapid weight loss, than the RNY will most likely do that for you. However, the lap band is a slower, and I feel, safer rate of loss. We did not gain this weight overnight. The band is a tool which helps us to eat more sensibly over time and, therefore, lose the weight. There is no re-routing of the intestines and no malabsorption. For me, the lap band was the only choice I felt I could make. Good Luck with whatever surgery you choose. Mary A.
Most Active
Recent Topics