Garth Ballantyne at Hackensack... any input from past patients?

risrx
on 2/18/05 10:42 am - valley cottage, NY
I am seening dr ballantyne on tuesday morning after a long wait and all my pre-op testing. anyone have any input about him. he has good credentials and I felt good about him.. but did not shop around alot. I know I dont want open surgery and the best loved doc in the area only does open roux n y. I can only deal with lap surgery.
KathyB1971
on 2/20/05 10:12 pm - Lyndhurst, NJ
I am not sure if it is your Dr. Ballantyne but I did see something about A Dr Ballantyne this morning on the news (Hackensack Hospital). Apparently the Dr Ballantyne that was featured cares very very much for his patients. So much so that he has taken to using an internet powered remote control robot to be able to visit his patients and their families not once a day ( morning rounds) like most Dr.s but a second time through the robot. He does it from his office, home or even if he is away out of town ......out of the country even !! He can also use it to do surgical consults from the same places. It was really quite amazing. The robot even wears a white coat and has a stethoscope around it's neck. The Dr.'s face appears on a screen at head level and the patients and the familes can talk to him as if he was right there . Totally cool !!! If this was the same Dr. Ballantyne you have a smart, caring Dr. on your side ! Kathy
risrx
on 2/21/05 8:59 am - valley cottage, NY
Kathleen, where did you see this? I would like to ask him about it in the morning thanks marisa
april L.
on 5/1/05 8:51 am - Belleville, NJ
dr b is one of the best, and keeps up with you even when you dont keep up with him ,lol he was my surgeon the surgery went great the scaring is fantastic 5 small insicions the hospital staff at hackensack great i would highly recommend him i have lost close to a 100 lbs my anniversary date was april 8 of last year.. good luck april
Most Active
Recent Topics