Step ONE

plove53
on 2/16/05 10:31 pm - Clifton, NJ
I never thought I'd be saying this after my sister past away a few years ago after having GBP surgery. But being an overweight guy I need find a weight loss tool for life. I went to Hackensack Hospital this past Tuesday for a primary consultation with Doctor's Schmitt/Trivedi/Ewing. They did put my mind to ease but I am still a little nervous. I have a Doctors appointment with Dr. Schmitt on April 28... I asked how long before the surgery after the first office visit? They told me it could be as little as the next week (I was surprised by that...but kind of happy). Now If I take a week or two off from work I don't have to tell anyone why (except personal) do I... but then what could I say I'm going in for? So I just wanted to add my 2 cents here. -phil
TaraStewart
on 2/16/05 11:47 pm - Willingboro, NJ
say your having your gallbladder removed, that was the excuse I gave to my job at the time. Tara
KathyB1971
on 2/17/05 4:32 am - Lyndhurst, NJ
hey Neighbor Good luck on your journey. I would go with the gallbladder explanation too. Just to keep it private. There is an awesome support group at Hackensack Hospital that is run by patients. They meet every first Friday of the month. Let me know if you are interested. Kathy
Nicole W.
on 2/18/05 4:49 am - parlin, NJ
Hey Phil, I don't know if you've made your mind up about your surgeon but you might want to consider seeing Dr. Rafael Capella, he works out of Hackensack as well. I'm telling you he is at the top of his game when it comes to this surgery and his process is very efficent. No colon cleansing before surgery, no drains, no sutures or staples externally (he used dermabond). He and his staff are also very polite and understanding. Just a suggestion. Good luck and here's his number if your interested also read his review on this website. You can find them under find a doctor. Phone Number : 201-818-9199
Most Active
Recent Topics