Thanks...

beach_37
on 2/14/05 4:20 am - Belvidere, NJ
I am trying to figure out which Doctors to make appointment with. I already have appointments and would like to make another one with another doctor but it has been hard to decide which one. I do have an appointment with Dr. Greenbaum but his office says he likes you to go to support meetings every other week and I am about 2 hours from his office. I also have an appointment with Dr. Brolin and I am attending a seminar for Dr. Abkin. which is mandatory before making an appointment. I also have an appointment with Dr. Kurian but I don't see her until mid March. Does anyone have any more suggestions for me and I was also wondering if anyone knows anything about Dr. Abdul Jahangir whose office is located in Brooklyn. Thanks for any help you can give me.
JanineNJ
on 2/15/05 2:09 am - NJ
Dr Brolin is a wonderful doctor!!!!!!!! He's been doing WLS for 25 years and teaches it to so many other doctors. Dr Tichansky did my surgery when he was with Dr Brolin's practice last year. I met with dr brolin preop and he visited me in the hospital post op. If I have to have any other surgery done, Dr Brolin is my man. I trust him with my life. Make sure you request HIM for your surgery, because he has a new associate who I just wouldn't feel comfortable doing my surgery. His office staff is amazing. They do all the insurance work for you. I had to pay for the surgeon as an out of network doctor however (insurance paid 80%, I paid 20%), but my healthcare covered everything else (hospital, tests, etc) I think my whole bill was $6,000 for a $38,000 surgery. They have a wonderful nutritionist in thier practice, she makes sure you know what you can eat and encourages you to try new things when she thinks your ready. They are very friendly, they make calls to your home to check on you every once in a while to see how you're feeling. He has support meetings all the time (I never attended one) They dont have a strict pre surgery diet, or require any other waiting period other than what your insurance requires. I had my surgery date when I walked in for my consult and had my surgery 5 weeks later, although Dr Brolin will probably have some sort of waiting list. Check out thier website at http://www.njbariatricspc.com/ and if you have time, check out his free symposium. You can email me if you have any questions I didnt remember to answer Good luck to you -Janine
Most Active
Recent Topics