4 DAYS 'TILL SURGERY & SCARED

Tammy D.
on 2/14/05 2:15 am - colonia, NJ
ON FRIDAY 2/18/05 I GET ME SURGERY I'M HAVING THE ROU-EN-Y WITH THE VERTICAL GASTRIC BANDING I GOT APPROVED IN JANUARY AND HAVENT BEEN SCARED UNTIL ABOUT TODAY IS IN NORMAL TO GET THIS SCARED AND THINK ABOUT NOT HAVING THIS SURGEREY DONE, I'M 5'4 AND 218 LBS SO I SIT HERE AND SAY IF I WORK BY BUTT OFF I CAN LOSE THE WEIGHT (MAYBE) BUT I KNOW IT WILL KEEP COMMING BACK LIKE THE OTHER MILLION TIMES I DROPPED A COUPLE POUNDS I AM JUST NEEDING TO KNOW IF I AM THE ONLY ONE OUT HERE THAT STARTED HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS OR IS THIS A NORMAL THING ..SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!! THANK YOU, TAMMY
sweetaim2
on 2/14/05 4:07 am - Monmouth Junction, NJ
The night before my surgery I thought, "What am I doing, I can diet again, I can start excerising?" But knowing I've done everything possible & knowing this will be life changing for the good, I knew I was doing the right thing. I am 3 1/2 weeks post-op and with the strange things I've gone through so far, I still feel in my heart I did the right thing. I'm sure you will be in good hands. Be confident in your decision & the results will be amazing! Amy 240/222/130
Tammy D.
on 2/16/05 3:15 am - colonia, NJ
Amy thank you so much for the feedback and congrats on your surgery Tammy
Krissy
on 2/14/05 4:16 am - Cranford, NJ
Tammy, Your feelings are very normal! You are making one of the biggest decisions of your life its only natural to be nervous. I thank God everyday for my decision, for it has changed my life. Best wishes to you! ~Kristin
Barbara M.
on 2/14/05 10:39 am - Delran, NJ
Oh, my goodness, this sounds so familiar. My surgery was just over a year ago, and I was absolutely TERRIFIED. I am so very delighted that I didn't talk myself out of it. I have lost 97 pounds in that year, and the impact on my life has been enormous. I not only look better, I feel SO MUCH BETTER! We just went on vacation, and I had such a great time. Loved buying cruise wear in normal sizes, and being able to walk and walk and walk and walk without getting tired. You will love your new life. I will keep you in my prayers. Believe in the power of prayer! Barb
Greg Sands
on 2/15/05 4:19 am - Collingswood, NJ
Tammy, I'm going in tomorrow and the butterflies are fluttering. What has me calming down are two thoughts: 1) God gave your surgeon the skills to do this. It is your first time dealing with a gastric bypass, but it certainly isn't HIS. He and his staff will take the best care of you. 2) Look at all these wonderful people on all these discussion boards who have gone through this. I know three people who have had it done. If they can do it, so can we! Are there guarantees that there will not be any complications? Of course, not! But, the odds are in our favor. Let us know how you did when you are on the losing side. I will do the same. Good luck and Godspeed!
Tammy D.
on 2/16/05 3:17 am - colonia, NJ
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT IT REALLY HELPED GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!!!!! TAMMY
Most Active
Recent Topics