Feedback on Docs

beach_37
on 2/10/05 11:34 pm - Belvidere, NJ
Anyone have any feedback on any of these Doctors? Sam Wasser, Chris Boyton, David Greenbaum, Nauveed Iqbal, Abdul Jahangir, Frank Borao or John Romanelli. I would appreciate the help as these Doctors are participating with my insurance but I can't seem to find much out about them. Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 2/11/05 12:21 am - Paradise Regained, NJ
Jean: My surgeon was Dr. Nusbaum at St. Barnabas, so I'm no help there. I just wanted to say we aren't too far away from one another and I wanted to wish you luck on your journey! P~
beach_37
on 2/11/05 6:02 am - Belvidere, NJ
Thanks so much that is really sweet of you!
jmdacc
on 2/11/05 5:51 am - Bridgewater, NJ
I know at least Dr. Romanelli has a forum here on this site. Have you looked at it? In addition to giving stats on surgeries on the forum, you may enjoy going to "recently updated member profiles" and reading some patient experiences.
beach_37
on 2/11/05 6:05 am - Belvidere, NJ
Yes Jen I have read both but I just wanted to see if I could get any more feedback. I have appointments with 3 doctors, so for now, I will start with them. At this point I just don't want the whole process to take a year if it doesn't have to. Thanks for you help!
SAVAGE
on 2/11/05 7:02 am - Howell, NJ
Well Romanelli is not an option now, left NJ insurance problems. I used Boaro at Monmouth Medical he is so great! Has done many and I have never heard anything bad about him I am 10 post and down 13 pounds whoo hoo. He did have a year wait but someone told me recently now it is only 2-3 months and it will take you about that to do all your pre certs, giid luck any questions feel free to email me [email protected] joycelyn
TYSHEA PERKINS
on 2/11/05 9:41 am - Sicklerville, NJ
Hello Jean I am a patient at Dr. Nauveed Iqbals office Iqbal and Khan I see Dr. Khan They are in bridgeton and they have been doing all types of WLS for 8 years or more. I had my first appointment with dr. Khan on Dec. 23rd and i have a surgery date of March 3. i would difenitely recommend there office to anyone i believe they are more than qualified to perform WLS. The surgery is performed at the Regional Medical Center in Vineland. The way Iqbals office works is you have your first consultation and Linda the secratary she tells you what to bring and basicly thats all you have to bring with you is your insurance card and referrals if needed, a list of all your aches and pains and comorbidites, as wells as all the different diets and weightloss programs that you have tried as well as if you lost any weight and how much and for how long did you keep it off. You bring all that with you to your first appointment the take your info. you fill out some paperwork. You talk to the dr and he will answer all your questions and concerns and the next step for them is to get approval for surgery aproval takes about 3-4 wks i got mine in 3wks exactly and once they get your approval the ball begins to roll you make another apt. they give you all the paperwork and information about all the test that you need to have. I think south jersey healthcares bariatric program is very good and very informative i have no complaint about them so far i can go on and on if you want to talk you can email me Tyshea
Kathy W
on 2/12/05 10:12 pm - NJ
Hi Jean, I use Dr. Nusbaum out of St. Barnabus and he is fantastic. Everyone has different opionions on what makes a great surgeon. You really need to go and "interview" them yourself. Many people on this board have used Dr. Borao for example and love him. I went to him before finding Dr. Nusbaum and really didn't care for the man. Thats not to say he is not a good surgeon. We just didn't "click" and I was uncomfortable with the idea of him performing major surgery on me. So, read all the reviews you want but if you can go in and meet the doctor and talk to him and make your own decision. Hugs, Kathy
beach_37
on 2/14/05 2:44 am - Belvidere, NJ
Thanks for your help. I am trying to figure out which Doctors to make appointment with. I already have appointments and would like to make another one with another doctor but it has been hard to decide which one. I do have an appointment with Dr. Greenbaum but his office says he likes you to go to support meetings every other week and I am about 2 hours from his office. I also have an appointment with Dr. Brolin and I am attending a seminar for Dr. Adkin. which is mandatory before making an appointment. I also have an appointment with Dr. Kurian but I don't see her until mid March. Does anyone have any more suggestions for me and I was also wondering if anyone knows anything about Dr. Abdul Jahangir whose office is located in Brooklyn. Thanks for any help you can give me!
VelvetMichelle
on 2/15/05 1:57 am - East Brunswick, NJ
Hi Jean, I understand you're concern. I'm also pre-op and have been doing lots of research. I had an interview with Dr. Brolin 4 years ago and DID NOT like him! One, at the time he only did open rny, I don't think that has changed. Two, he was very brisk and didn't answer any of my questions. Three, I had to wait 6months to see him and his office staff was very unorganized. I just had a consult with Dr. David Ward out of Morristown(he works out of Somerset Medical as well-that's where I'm going) and he was a doll. He's only had one fatality in 5 years, he's got complication rates on par w/ the best in the country. I called on a Friday and got an appointment for the NEXT WEEK! He answered all of my questions and really took my individual case into consideration. His Support Group manager(Kate) at SMC is AMAZING. I made my first move on Feb. 4th. All I need is for the OK's from my doctors and the medical history of Dr. monitored weight loss to be delivered to his office and they'll go for approval. Once approved he said the surgery is usually 8-12 weeks after, NOT BAD! The most important part is finding a surgeon you are comfortable with. GOOD LUCK!!! Peace, Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics