OK, what's happening here...heavy sigh

Susan Hegarty
on 2/6/05 9:51 pm - Easton, PA
Well it's been 12 days now and the scale hasn't budged . I am getting all my protein in and eating about 900 calories a day and walking 2 miles daily. I am much more active now and doing alot more physical activity. I upped my H2O and still nothing. It feels like the scale is out for revenge . Seriously, is this normal at 10 weeks out? Could it have anything to do with me not having a period for 11 weeks? I'm very happy with the weight I lost so far, but a little depressed with this stall so early out....any feedback? Susan LAP RNY 11/24/04 374/314/190
*linda* J.
on 2/6/05 10:16 pm - belmar, nj
Hey Susan, I didn't have WLS but, I am doing it the old fashioned way. I started about the same time you had WLS and haven't quite lost as much as you! I do know my scale plays tricks on me. There are times I weigh myself and that darn scale doesn't budge and others when it says I have dropped 5 pounds in just a few days. So no worries!! keep on with your healthy living and soon your scale will catch up! Congrats on your 2 miles a day! I haven't been that dedicated yet! love, linda
mariec
on 2/7/05 1:24 am - NJ
My surgery is in 2 days (YAY!) so I can only repeat to you what I've read from the main board.... 1) Plateau is common anywhere from 6 weeks or so forward. BUT technically a true plateau is much, much longer than just 12 day. 2) Every so often your weight loss will "stall" a bit as your body catches up and readjusts. 3) Even when you do not lose pounds you are likely losing inches, particularly if you are exercising faithfully. Have you been measuring yourself? 4) Increasing your protein may help. Hope this is helpful!! Try not to get crazy with it (advice I'm sure you'll be returning right back to me in several weeks, LOL!!) because EVERYONE says that all of a sudden, the scale will start moving again. If you continue to follow your program to the T, you'll be fine. Good luck! Marie 2 more days til Lap-RNY!
jersey girl
on 2/7/05 2:33 am - MONMOUTH COUNTY, NJ
Susan, This is normal. Your body is adjusting to sudden wt loss, and because it thinks it's being starved, it has slowed down its metabolism. Its just the body's way of saving itself, and supposedly goes back to prehistoric times when mankind had to deal with common famines. So don't worry, and keep up the protein and water. And do NOT cut your calories any further, it will only take longer for your body to adjust. Sometimes, you will not lose lbs but continue to lose inches. JG 284/150/149? LBL 2/10/05
lheaton
on 2/7/05 10:20 pm - millville, NJ
Hello Susan, You are doing a marvel job.! The really cool thing about having this tool is now we are committed and can't go back to old habits. I have read mucho times that this happans and inches will fall off at this time when the scale is not moving. You may be building muscle (remember muscle weighs more than fat) You will start losing again.........lol I am 8 days out so I appricate you sharing. Hugs Lu
Most Active
Recent Topics