Had surgery 1/25/05

sweetaim2
on 2/4/05 1:14 pm - Monmouth Junction, NJ
My surgery went very well & I'm excited to start my new life. Been home a week & going back to work Monday. I'm still on liquids & protein shakes. Does anyone feel alittle hungry after such a short time?
suemc624
on 2/5/05 1:17 am - vinelan, NJ
hi. wow i can't believe ur going back to work so soon. but yes sometimes i feel very hungry (and it was about 2-3 weeks after surgery). now that i can eat real food i throw in a very small amount of carbs- i eat all the protein first naturally- but the carbs seem to keep me fuller longer. probably shouldn't do that but i can't see not eating carbs for the rest of my life. sue
JanineNJ
on 2/5/05 6:37 am - NJ
Congratulations and welcome home! How are you feeling? If you need anything, just hollar! -Janine
SAVAGE
on 2/5/05 9:17 pm - Howell, NJ
My, well we are both on the loosing side now i was done on 2/1. ;ost 10 poundsso far whoo hoo! Gpd bless i can't belive your going back to work already. I took off 8 weeks so i would havetime to heal well ( nursing lifting ect) and also so i could get adjusted to all the introduction of reg foods again in each level. I wish you luck! JOyce
sweetaim2
on 2/6/05 4:58 am - Monmouth Junction, NJ
I was going to take longer time off from work, but my doctor said I'm doing well & can go back. I'm going back part-time. If I feel tired, I'll just go home. Still taking it slow. Good luck with your recovery Amy
lheaton
on 2/7/05 10:34 pm - millville, NJ
Hi Amy, I am 8 days out. I have had a few nightmare dreams about food. But getting more stable now with that. I keep remembering what they tauglt me at Temple about Head Hunger. So when I feel hunger I drink water, distract myself by changing my activity and it goes away. Take really good care of your self and do not......over do it! It takes a good 4 months for our insides to heal and then some. This is great time to take care of YOU... something I have neglected my whole life. But not anymore Hugs Lu
Most Active
Recent Topics