Say this is normal...please

l0ract
on 2/3/05 1:04 pm - Seaside Heights, NJ
I went walking alittle yesterday. When I got home, I was leaking from the site. Tues my Dr put me on Leviquin for a small infection. No pain, just leaking pink liquid. Dr says that he's not concerned. I hope not. Also, I can't get comfortable to sleep. But today my friend brought me a bunch of egg crates & blankets...heavenly!! Sleep at Last! Carol
Rachel K.
on 2/3/05 7:42 pm - Brick, NJ
Carol that is somewhat normal but any concerns call your dr...... Rachel
jersey girl
on 2/3/05 10:28 pm - MONMOUTH COUNTY, NJ
Carol, You are only a few wks postop and although the drains are removed, fluid may still need to drain. Better any drainage comes out rather than stays inside and develops into a seroma. Your doc seems to be on top of things putting you on antibiotics. As long as the drainage remains on the clear side without any vile odor or pus it is usu within normal limits. Also be aware of any signs of fever, redness and/or heat at the site. And always do not hesitate to call you surgeon if you have any questions or concerns. Good luck and nice to have you on the losing side. JG 284/150/149 LBL 2/10/05
SAVAGE
on 2/4/05 3:16 am - Howell, NJ
Carol, it is normal to have the drsnage around sites they will close up soon. what you need to be worried about would be a nasty foul oder from fluid draining or of you run a high fever. Or if the site apears puss or anything like that. good luck joyce
l0ract
on 2/4/05 10:14 pm - Seaside Heights, NJ
Thank you, thank you. I feel so much more at ease now. It looks like the infection is just about gone now. Still still leaking if move but, now I'm not worried. Other than that, energy rising everyday. Can't wait to get out in the sun. I see the Dr on Tuesday. Thanks again, Carol
Most Active
Recent Topics