HAIR DYE

suemc624
on 2/3/05 6:07 am - vinelan, NJ
Hi. I just wanted to let everyone know the good news. i dyed my hair last week, frosted it over the weekend, and dyed it again today. and i'm glad to say that i have the same amount of hair that i had when i started dying last week. i've read that hair usually starts falling out 3 months or more after the surgery. is this true for anyone or everyone? sue
JanineNJ
on 2/3/05 11:24 am - NJ
It usually starts 5-8 months post op and lasts anywhere from 2-5 months, with one month being most memorable. You'll feel like you're losing it all but your hair will thin out, not leave bald spots I was lucky, I could still dye my hair with a "rinse" during the hair loss stage and didnt have the problems I thought I would with more than normal falling out. I didn't attempt the bleaching process and dont know if that would damage your hair more. -Janine
Rachel K.
on 2/3/05 7:44 pm - Brick, NJ
HI its not hair loss where you will have big bald spots. You will shed a lot. At leat thats what happened to me. I was constantly losing lil pieces hear and their. Good news it does go away and grows back much thicker...
Krissy
on 2/3/05 10:42 pm - Cranford, NJ
Hey Sue, Coming from a hairdresser.....I dye my hair all the time LOL Even during the weight loss stages. Nexxus does make a product that helps with thinning hair its called Vitatress you might want to check it out. You will notice some thinning around 3 months (mine lasted for almost a year). It should not be considerably noticable unless you already have thinning hair. But not too worry it does come back!! ~Kristin
Most Active
Recent Topics