Recommitted...There is hope!!

Susan Hegarty
on 1/20/05 1:18 pm - Easton, PA
Hi all Haven't posted in a while. I was so sick with bronchittis and out of work for 2 weeks. During that time I stopped exercising, wasn't eating enough and not getting in my protein. Well it caused my weight loss to stop for over a week and I found myself getting very depressed and feeling like a failure. I told myself I did not fight this hard to have my surgery and give up on myself so easy. So I recommitted to my exercise, I am getting at least 50g of protein daily, upped my water intake and an average of 700-950 calories a day with good food choices. Most importantly I am taking it one day at a time. I am feeling so much better and have lost 5 lbs this week for a total of -54 lbs since surgery on 11/24. It feels good to know I can regroup, recommit and get back on track. Just shows me that we shouldn't beat ourselves up for not being perfect, this surgery is a wonderful tool, but I have also learned that I have to put in the effort and hard work for it to work for me . God bless all... Susan LAP RNY 11/24/04 374/320/190
jersey girl
on 1/21/05 3:22 am - MONMOUTH COUNTY, NJ
Good for you to get back on track. You're right that the pouch is just a tool that still requires some motivation and effort on our part. What kind of exercise are you doin? I'm started watching my diet more carefully, upping the protein and keeping the fat and carbs to 50% of total calories. Had to switch back to the protein powder; too many calories, fat, and carbs in ready-made drinks for me. Upping the protein to >1oo grams has boasted my weight loss many times in the past and I hope it gets me to goal this time. Only a few more to go! If you get stuck try it, in fact, 50 grams is kind of low. Most WLS get > 60-65. JG 284/151/149?
Susan Hegarty
on 1/21/05 1:53 pm - Easton, PA
Hey Jersey I go to my company gym during the week and do 30 min on the treadmill, 10 min on the stepper and I do 15 reps on each machine. On the weekends I go to womens workout express (like Curves) and do a 35 minute workout and if the weather is ok I walk about 2 miles at the park. As far as the protein, I drink a slim fast carb option shake every day on my morning commute. They have 20g of protein, 180 calories, 2g sugar and "very" low in carbs (I think 4g) and they taste great. Glad you are doing well, keep up the good work girl!! Susan LAP RNY 11/24/04 374/321/190
HAZEL_EYES
on 1/21/05 12:12 pm - Potsdam, NY
Susan, I just wanted to say, God bless you for getting back on track!! that is truly what matters. we all fall sometimes, but it's STAYING down that makes us weak. You got up and should be proud of yourself!!! Congrats on your loss......I know there's a lot more coming off soon!! Peace and Blessings.......Ebony
Susan Hegarty
on 1/21/05 1:55 pm - Easton, PA
Amen to that Ebony!! Thanks for your encouragement Susan LAP RNY 11/24/04 374/321/190
HAZEL_EYES
on 1/22/05 2:10 am - Potsdam, NY
NO PROBLEM AT ALL!!! THAT'S WHAT WE'RE ALL HERE 4. I'M JUST STARTING THE PROCESS MYSELF, AND KNOW THAT I'LL NEED A LOT OF ENCOURAGEMENT AS WELL. ALL INFO IS APPRECIATED. HAVE A GOOD DAY, AND KNOW THAT YOU'RE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS EBONY
Most Active
Recent Topics