protein

suemc624
on 1/12/05 9:37 am - vinelan, NJ
Hey y'all. can anyone tell me what's the reason for the protein drinks. i was told to get in 60 g or more of protein per day but why? will i lose more weight? or, is it just because of hair loss? i would appreciate as many responses as possible cause if it's to lose weight i will definitely do it. i mean, every meal i eat is practically all protein. sue
Krissy
on 1/12/05 10:54 am - Cranford, NJ
Hi Sue, From what I understand it is because we lose so much weight so fast in the begining that we need to keep our bodies fueled with protein packed foods to keep us energized. It can also prevent us from losing muscle,which is why exercise is so important. Im not really sure if it helps with reducing hair loss. Hope this helps! ~Kristin
suemc624
on 1/12/05 8:45 pm - vinelan, NJ
thanks for responding. do you drink it in place of a meal? sue
Krissy
on 1/13/05 11:26 pm - Cranford, NJ
Hi Sue, I would drink one protein drink a day. I did this for over a year. I am a fan of Isopure liquid (not the shakes), Whey Fruity and Champion Nutrition Whey Stack (5 flavors). I was never a real big breakfast eater so doing a meal replacement for the morning was wonderful. Now, it is not enough to keep me full. I find that breakfast is the hardest meal of the day. After 2 years I am now at the point where I do not need to supplement anymore. My nutritionist would rather me get my protein and vitamins and such from real foods. ~Kristin
slim2none
on 1/13/05 1:44 am - howell, NJ
WELL FROM WHAT I LEARNED ,, IT DOES HAVE TO TO WITH HAIR, SKIN, PROTEIN MAKES THE SKIN TIGHTER,, AND FEED NUTIRENTS TO THE HAIR ...JUST RELAYING WHAT MY DR. AND NUTRITIONIST TOLD ME ,,,
mariec
on 1/13/05 10:11 am - NJ
Protein is the building block of our bodies. If you do not get enough protein, your body will start to break down muscle in order to get what it needs to survive. BE AWARE that the body does not differentiate between leg muscle, biceps, or your HEART. Additionally, 60-80 gms of protein each day will assist with weight loss. Too little protein and you will not lose at the rate you'd like. Yes, it has also been said that it helps with hair issues, but not everyone agrees on that point, from what I can tell. Hope this helps!
Most Active
Recent Topics