I AM APPROVED!!

ollikain
on 1/8/05 2:39 pm - Richfield, Mn
I FINALLY got a date after going through THREE surgeons, first one yelled at me cause of my size, second one was just downright RUDE and the 3rd one I finally settled on AFTER learning as much as I could about him BEFORE I called and got a consult with him anyhow, I got a date of April 5th 10am at the U of M hospital here in Minnesota, the only thing that kinda sucks tho, is I don't have a angel would LOVE to get to talk to somebody around my area who has had the surgery, I am scared to death about this surgery, I wanna back out but won't due to health problems this surgery will fix, I wanna be able to ride horses again, I Miss being around horses and riding, but I don't know where any ranchs are that let somebody my size ride, Renee
suemc624
on 1/8/05 9:37 pm - vinelan, NJ
CONGRATS ON BEING APPROVED. I DON'T KNOW IF YOU REALIZE IT BUT THIS IS THE NJ PAGE. YOU SHOULD REALLY GO UNDER THE MN PAGE IF YOUR LOOKING FOR ANGELS IN YOUR AREA. SUE
TaraStewart
on 1/10/05 1:34 am - Willingboro, NJ
Renee, First of all congrat's on your approval, secondly, a doctor that yelled at you for your size, what is that all about. Is this not what he does for a living, how dare him. I am happy to hear you found a surgeon that will do your surgery (no matter what your size) and that you can feel comfortable with. This is so important. As far as an angel goes, I am not from your state. I live in NJ but I would absolutely be there for you via telephone or email with any questions you may have. You may call me to talk about your concerns. I had surgery October 2003 and lost 140lbs and have been through the ups and downs, so please feel free to lean on me if you need someone. The surgery is a scarey thing, but don't back out, you know in your heart you need it, and it will save your life. Being scared is the most normal feeling in the world, don't let anyone tell you differently. Whether you need to lose 100lbs or 400lbs, your doing this for your health and your dream of riding those horses again. I can tell you from experience, those dreams you only hope to once again do, will become a reality if you want it bad enough. There is nothing more exhiliaraiting then the absolute high feeling of doing something that you have not done in years because of a disability and in our cases - "our" disablities were or are our weight. Once you lose those pounds, you'll feel that there is nothing that you can't do. Keep your head up and if you need me, please email me at [email protected] and I would be more then happy to give you my phone number if you need someone to talk to. Tara Lap RNY 10/8/03 277 - start weight 175 - goal weight 139 - as of today (suppassing my goal weight)
Most Active
Recent Topics