Almost fell with baby down stairs!!

Raquel A.
on 1/7/05 11:59 am - NJ
Went to mall today and did alot of bending because I took her to Picture People and kept bending up & down to pose her on the bean bag, after that when I picked her up back almost gave out. Got her in stroller & had to wait for pics so I walked around mall a bit, I feel so beat up right now. When I got home and walked up the stairs to my apt. carrying her infant carrier, baby bag over my shoulder and bag in my other hand (it wasnt heavy cause I bought her clothes in Gymboree & jeans at LB for me). Taking stairs one at a time when I climbed a few steps I am almost at the top of the landing a few to go and knee gave out. I dropped the bags and grabbed the banister with free hand & hung on for dear life. I was mortified to think what could have happened. My body is not only a danger to myself but to my baby. I just pray that when I start my paperwork that they see the seriousness of this. Maybe I should advise my PCP of this incident so he can document it?? Now my back is killing me. I take care of my baby 24/7, my husband tries to help. But he's grabbing every bit of OT at work he can get in preparation of me possibly having this surgery. Thinking of the time from work he might have to take off for my recovery if I get approved. Next Friday I meet with the nutritionist & also a f/up with my PCP.
sherri
on 1/8/05 6:41 am - New Brunswick, NJ
Hang in there Raquel. Take it one day at a time and believe. This will be the greatest thing you can do for yourself and your family. I'll keep you in my prayers. Sherri
Most Active
Recent Topics