looking for pre-ops in my area

KathyB1971
on 1/6/05 8:35 pm - Lyndhurst, NJ
Hello everyone! I am very new to the site and have justed started the very virgin stages of researching this surgery for myself. I live in NNJ , Hudson/Bergen area and was looking for other local pre-ops to email and chat with and then possibly further down the line meet in person to discuss our journies and support each other. I say email and chat first because I have a whacky schedule but somehow always have time for the computer LOL. To tell you a little about myself, I am a 33 year old single mom of 2 with a boyfriend of over 4 years. I have battled my weight all my life and really would like a more permanent solution so I can be healthier. Feel free to post a reply or email me. Looking forward to my journey, how about you? Kathy
Laura_C
on 1/8/05 5:37 am - Beautiful, NJ
Hi kathy,.. I'm not a pre-op, I'm just about 3 weeks post-op. But I'm not so far out I can't remember where you are right now. Please feel free to email me if I can be of any help to you. I know how hard it is right now... and I'd love to be able to help/support you. Regards, Laura C.
mariec
on 1/8/05 11:20 am - NJ
Hi, I'm pre-op too. Just had my surgical consultation yesterday - YIPPEE! Have been researching this since October and now that I've had my 1-on-1 with the surgeon I feel quite confident in moving ahead with it. I'm HOPING that - barring any insurance nightmares - I will have surgery in early February. So exciting/scary! What stage are you in - meaning, have you been to a seminar? looking for a surgeon (or chosen one)? etc. Good to see you on the NJ board. (I wish this NJ board was a little more active!!) Marie
MJP869
on 1/9/05 11:46 am - north haledon, nj
Hi Kathy Feel free to e-mail me, we live close. I just had my surgery. Mary [email protected]
MJP869
on 1/9/05 11:47 am - north haledon, nj
Sorry the e-mail is [email protected]
rosario
on 1/10/05 5:28 am - Jersey city, NJ
Hi Kathy - I am from Jersey City. I have heard of your town, but since I dont have a car I dont know exactly where you are. In any case, I was just talking to another WLS survivor about finding an angel and she refer me to this board! Maybe we can form a team of angels for the Pre-Ops in our area? Something to think about? Send me an email whenever. I also find time where there is none for OH.com Nancy
jerseygirl1968
on 1/11/05 1:33 am - Wayne, NJ
HI Kathy I'm from northern NJ (wayne) and am 6 days PRE-OP. Would love to chat with local pre/post ops. Thanks Susan [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics