I have finaly mad the decision to go on with this surgury

Margaret K.
on 1/6/05 12:16 pm - Howell, NJ
well, to all you care, I have finaly made the desicion to have a laperscopic rny. I am going to try and get dr. borao. I hear he is a very good surgent. tomarrow I am going to try and call his office and see when his next seminar is. I know that is the first thing I have to do befor I can even get an appointment with him to discuss having the surgury. I am very excited but nervous. even thought I am going to start the process I am also thinking about taking some diet pills to start to get the weight off befor I have the sugury. I was wondering if this would be a good Idea. again I am 19 years old and I am not sure if that would be good for my age. I thank you for any suport that anyone can give me. I belive that this is the hardest decision that I have come to. I know I am over weight and all I do is eat. I am finaly redy to get rid of these habbits and I think this is the best way that I can do that. again thank you and I will be on here more often as the time progress. I really am very appreciated to this site and I hope that anyone new will get the same help that I got by coming on here. thank you. Margaret
cmr3399
on 1/6/05 3:14 pm - Bayville, NJ
Margaret.... Check ur email....I sent u note Best of luck.... Christine
Laura_C
on 1/8/05 5:20 am - Beautiful, NJ
Hi Margaret. I didn't have my surgery with Dr. Boraro, but I would have if I could have. He's supposed to be one of the best, and who my original doctor referred me to. Unfortunately, he didn't accept my insurance in-network, and I didn't have any out of network benefits Your age shouldn't be a problem, there are teens much younger than you who've had it done. One of the things to qualify is your weight/BMI. To calculate your BMI, use this: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bmi-start.phtml Generally, your BMI must be 40 or above to qualify. some surgeons accept BMI's of 35,if you have serious co-morbidities like diabetes, high blood pressure etc. A long time ago, I thought that the hardest part of this journey was making the decision to do it. And although that was hard, it was nothing compared to the insurance battles, tests and anxiety before surgery. Stay strong. Stay focused. Get informed/educated and most of all.. never look back Good luck, Laura C.
Most Active
Recent Topics