Anybody have surgery w/Dr. Slotman?

Kimberly L.
on 1/6/05 9:45 am - Mt. Holly, NJ
I had my consult with Dr. Slotman 2 weeks ago and I really liked him. I left his office feeling very good and was excited to get started however when I got home and read the paperwork he gave me I noticed the nutritional counseling costs $560. I think I should have been made aware of this at the consultation. Time wise it wouldn't have made a difference I just felt it should have been handled at the consultation. Anyway I got passed that and scheduled my appts. Lately though I've been getting really scared I mean I really don't know too much about this doctor. Is it normal to feel this way? Can anybody give me any info on Dr. Slotman? I mean I met with him and he seemed really down to earth I had a good conversation with him and I was comfortable, which to me is really important. Is that all I need to know?
l0ract
on 1/6/05 11:45 am - Seaside Heights, NJ
Have you had your nutritional counseling yet? I know someone who does it much, much cheaper than that. She cost me $100.00. It was on a sliding fee. Carol
Susanna B.
on 1/6/05 11:53 am - Runnemede, NJ
Hi Kim, I'm one of dr Slotman's pts. He is a fine surgeon and learned from the best. I was horrified before my surgery. That's normal. I had my surgery dec.15th of 2003- just a little over one year out. Since than I lost all of my weight (my BMI is now 22) and I now wear a size 6. I'm loving it. Dr Slotman is very fine tuned and has one of the best reputations around. He is very thorough to insure your safety. I did do my homework and saw other Surgeons as well, but he is my top choice and I'm so glad I went with him. Now, the nutritional counceling... I did not have to pay for it. My insurance had covered it all. But I know that there were some changes since then: one big change is that he no longer takes AmeriHealth anymore. That is my insurance and I do pay out of pocket to see him now. But he it worth it-smile! sue
barginfinder
on 1/6/05 9:30 pm - Egg Harbor City, NJ
I agree totally with Kim, Dr Slotman is the best!! I have been dealing with him for over a year now and had my surgery on Oct 29th 2004 Since them I have lost over 60 lbs and I have healed beautifully!! He takes every precaution necesary to ensure your safty and well being. He is very consciensious and considerate and even funny at times. He is definately a good choice. He also is one of the only doctors who has a ton of experience with the Super morbidly obese. I went to him at 545lbs and he never once flinched or told me that I was not a good candidate. As far as the nutritional, I never had to pay for that either. He sent me to the Lourdes wellness center and it was paid thru his office and my insurance. I have Horizon BC/BS POS. I found the councellor lacking any real knowledge of Bariactric patients needs. I got much better info at the support group meetings with the South Jersey Bariactric Support Services. THey meet every other Friday night at 7pm in the Nazarene Church in Pitman. We have a group meeting tonight if you or anyone else would be interested in coming. Just email me at the email link and I will be happy to give you directions. Hugs Diane
Most Active
Recent Topics