how much is really too much?

Susanna B.
on 1/5/05 10:10 am - Runnemede, NJ
I'm a little over a year out, lost more than I thought I ever would, but lately I feel more hungry and also have gained some weight back. How much do you eat? Soup,cottage cheese, joghurt, sandwich etc, etc. Is it normal to eat more soup(soft) than meat(solid) ? And how much is normal? (in oz) Sue
Krissy
on 1/5/05 10:24 am - Cranford, NJ
Sue, I had surgery 2 years ago and I dont think I have ever had a "normal" day since having surgery!! There are days when I eat and say wow! where did I just put all that food??!?! On the other days I eat a slice of toast with peanut butter and feel I have just eaten Thansgiving dinner. You will be able to eat a lot more soft foods then solid foods. Solid foods will help keep your pouch much fuller for a longer period of time if you do not drink before or after eating. It is so easy to go back to the way we used to eat prior to surgery. So we must make a concious effort and take personal accountablility every day about what we are choosing to put in our mouth. Keeping a food journal helps, even if it is only for a while. It might put things in perspective for you. Do you have a dietician you can talk with? Stay focused and I wish you lots of continued success on your journey!! ~Kristin
Susanna B.
on 1/6/05 10:08 am - Runnemede, NJ
thank you so much for your reply. You are so right about the solid food verses the softer foods. Iam fuller for longer with solids. I wasn't eating 'bad' foods. I ate high protein foods like cottage cheese, joghurts and soups with added cheese or protein powder. And it worked for me for a long time, but just isn't enaugh anymore. I'm just so scared that I'll be one of those who will gain the weight back.... Thanks again,Sue
Krissy
on 1/6/05 10:28 pm - Cranford, NJ
Sue, What also helps me keep on track is I usually use a cake plate to eat from. When helping myself to dinner I start with a protein, vegetable then a carb. Eating in that order. By the time I get to my vegetable there is not much room for the carb. Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress! ~Kristin
Talnkiss
on 1/5/05 11:23 am - Robbinsville, nj
I;m with u haing a really hard time Sharon
Most Active
Recent Topics