I need help. Not for me b...

kellisobo
on 1/5/05 7:34 am - Sayreville, NJ
I need help. Not for me but a Dear Friend, she needs to find a doctor to do the weight lose surgery that takes MEDICAID. she comes from no wealth and so no money to put out, she is on SSI disabillity. she cant walk but to a bathroom and kitchen wont go out of her home and so on......... I have even written to talk shows to see if someone (with good word)would do this as a pro-bono. we have finally talked her into the surgery and now that she is ridden her fear of having it done, we cant find a doctor that takes medicaid. we have gone on many sites and they all say most insurances cover it even medicaid if medically ness. but when you call the doctors offices they say they dont take medicaid. I dont know how much she weights, its been years since she has stepped on a scale and let me just say this at this point and time she is hundreds, beyonddddd well over 500 600 and only 5'7". IS there anyone that can please help me find her a doctor?
l0ract
on 1/5/05 11:48 pm - Seaside Heights, NJ
My Dr is wonderful AND takes medicaid! It has to be medicaid of NJ, not an HMO. I am on Disability also. Mu surgery date is Jan 20. The only thing I had to pay for is two evaluations. They are on a sliding scale basis. I didn't have the money for these but, my church came to the rescue. I told them that I needed to pay for a couple of tests for surgery. They help with rent and I paid for the evaluations. The Dr's name is Elliott Goodman in Teaneck. Great Dr.!! Email me if you want any more info or someone to walk you through.
kellisobo
on 1/6/05 9:20 am - Sayreville, NJ
Carol, Thank you very much, I am going to get right on this for my friend. she has had some terrible times in her life and she needs this desperatly. We are in the Old bridge & Sayreville area and I think teaneck is some distant from me but what ever it takes. thank you I will keep in touch. Kelli
Most Active
Recent Topics