Update-PS, Love and Weight

Nannette
on 1/3/05 11:30 pm - Toms River, NJ
OK, several updates on me. First of all, plastic surgeon's office called me just before Christmas to tell me the good news that Aetna approved me for "23 hours of hospitalization" for my lower body lift in January. Wasn't quite sure what that meant till yesterday when I got clarification. Seems that Aetna will pick up 100% of hospitalization for first 23 hours, plus 70% of the doctor fee after I meet the deductible. I will have to pay $250 deductible, 30% of Dr fee, plus the cost of ambulance transfer to surgical center and cost of surgical center for second night of hospitalization. Rough estimate of cost that I will have to bear is $5,000 of $13,000. Exact figures may be a bit different. Went to Ocean City, MD for New Year's Eve weekend with my boyfriend (still can't get used to that phrase at my age!). It has been so many years since I got dressed up fancy and went out for a New Year's Eve party! It was great fun and the hotel had three parties going on and we got to circulate to all three of them! We're getting even closer and this has become a real relationship that I believe has a future! I hope I'm not kidding myself, but the feelings are there for both of us. Weird to be thinking this way so soon after my husband's death, but I do know that he would have wanted me to be happy and be loved again! I ate a lot more carbs and drank (Southern Comfort) much more than I should have (gained 5 pounds), but now that it is the new year, I am trying to get back on track - get back to Curves and my regular exercise regime. Happy New Year to all all this incredible WLS journey! RNY 6/16/03 -- 336/156/150
jlewisjr
on 1/4/05 5:21 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Nanette: HAPPY NE#W YEAR!!! It's nice to see that you're happy. All the best with your PS. Jesse
Nannette
on 1/4/05 10:36 pm - Toms River, NJ
Thanks Jesse -- we all can't be like you and not need PS -- where did you put all that skin? You're tight as a drum! LOL
SAVAGE
on 1/4/05 8:39 am - Howell, NJ
Nanette, DETAILS! BOYFRIEND????? we need to talk angel! Well 2/1 will be here soon i am a bit nervious and i know that is normal. My EDG is next week PAT the 11 and wait for a anwser from Qual Care! anyway call me soon thanks for the xmas card! And just where dod you meet this man!! i need to meet my next ex husband love joyce
Nannette
on 1/4/05 10:40 pm - Toms River, NJ
Yea boyfriend - who would have thunk it so soon after Chuck's death? But I needed to get out and have some fun and stop moping, so I signed up for several online dating services just for the companionship, and actually met about seven great guys -- and got some worthwhile dates and fun out of it. Current boyfriend was number four, and I have since stopped seeing all the others and have been seeing him for about ten weeks now! He lives only ten minutes from me, and it has gotten pretty serious fairly quickly - a big surprise! I'll talk to you and give "details" when I see you!
Laura H.
on 1/5/05 2:24 am - Belford, NJ
I'm really glad to see your doing good and very happy with your new love. I'm sure once you get back on track the 5 lbs will come off right away. Happy New Year Laura 238/182/135
Krissy
on 1/5/05 10:31 am - Cranford, NJ
Nannette, Sounds like your brining in the New year just wonderfully!! Do you mind if I ask what surgeon you chose? Is Aetna covering the doctor at all? I am in the beginning process of looking for a surgeon for a lower body lift. Still a little scary for me. Congratulations to you and I wish you lots of luck with your upcoming plastic surgery!! ~Kristin
Nannette
on 1/5/05 1:18 pm - Toms River, NJ
I'm using Dr Joe Capella in Ramsey, NJ for the LBL - scheduled for 1/24 - only 3 weeks away!!!!!! Aetna is covering 70% of out of network cost of Dr after I meet my deductible.
Most Active
Recent Topics