just wondering

suemc624
on 1/3/05 4:43 am - vinelan, NJ
hi all. i had my surgery 12/6/04, and it seems for the last week that the scale has said the same thing everyday. has anyone else had this problem this soon after surgery? how could i not be losing weight? i mean, hell, i barely eat. please respond to me. thanks sue
lheaton
on 1/3/05 5:32 am - millville, NJ
Susan, Take one day at a time, drink your water and move around as much as possible. You are doing great!!!! 30lbs in less than a month is wonderful.I can't wait to be on the losing side. Take care Lu
Kathy S.
on 1/3/05 8:30 am - Rio Grande, NJ
Susan You are doing great. In the beginning of this journey the scale is your enemy. Do me a favor do not weigh yourself for one week. Then see how much you lost. Just remember you lost one lb a day. Promise me you will not beat yourself up about this. I felt the same way in the beginning. Remember you are doing wonderful. kathy
Susan Hegarty
on 1/3/05 12:00 pm - Easton, PA
Hey Susan Go easy on yourself and think...When was the last time you lost this amount of weight in such a short time? I had my surgery on 11/24 and I am down -42 lbs. You are doing great, don't be a slave to your scale!! Susan
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/05 12:09 am - Paradise Regained, NJ
Step away from the scale. It will not help - trust me You need to concentrate on how you're feeling, how clothes are fitting and getting in your water & protein. The weight loss will follow. P~
suemc624
on 1/4/05 1:09 am - vinelan, NJ
i just wanted to thank all of you that responded to me. alot of people read the message, but hardly any respond. so, i really appreciate all your words of encouragement. it's hard because the scale is next to the toilet. so, i will remove the scale. it's almost like an addiction (lol). sad, but true, huh? anyway, thank all of you very much and i wanted to say that all of your pictures look great. when i'm ready, i plan on putting mine on also. sue
Krissy
on 1/5/05 10:13 am - Cranford, NJ
Isnt it amazing how prior to surgery none of us would even look at a scale!! And now we cant help but get on the darn thing everyday, sometimes a couple of times a day!! How ironic right? Relax, im positive you will start losing again in no time. Be sure to follow your surgeons/dietitician's recomendations for food and remember...water water...water!! Good Luck to you on this amazing journey!! ~Kristin
Most Active
Recent Topics