I am getting Scared!

DawnDentzau
on 12/30/04 2:39 am - North Arlington, NJ
Hello my name is Dawn and my husband and I are waiting for the insurance company to say OK. We are most likely having it done in January. I am very excited but also getting scared of the unknown. Can some one please let us know what to expect after the surgery! Is there alot of pain after and how was the new way of eatting. We are also looking for a support group to join. We are aware of the one in Livingston but it is on Thursday. That is the only day we can not go to because of my husbands business. I would like to find others who have been through it and can help us with questions we may have.
suemc624
on 1/1/05 8:00 am - vinelan, NJ
Hi. i had my surgery 12/6/04 and i had very little pain after. the pain in the butt part was in the hospital when i had the tube down my throat and the catheter in. after about 2 days they pulled them out when they knew there was no leaks and i can't describe the relief of those two things being taken out. i had chicken broth and jello in the hospital about 3-4 days after the surg. i'm about 3 weeks out of the surgery and am now on pureed foods. sometimes, i don't puree the food just eat it and chew it until it's liquid. i have eaten chicken, hot dogs, cheeseburger, tuna fish, ham, mashed potatoes... etc. (on the pureed stage). i haven't 'dumped' so i can't tell you what that feels like. i did get so dizzy on christmas morning in the shower i thought i was gonna faint, but i think that was from only eating twice the day before and not eating anything before my shower. just got up and jumped in. i wish you both all the luck and i sincerely hope that your results are as well as mine have been so far. sue
DawnDentzau
on 1/6/05 10:58 am - North Arlington, NJ
Dear Susan, Sorry it took me a long time to reply. The last couple of days have been really busy. My husband and I were approved by the insurance company and now the surgeon neededs some other reports before our surgery dates. So my husband and I were running from dr to dr trying to get everything done. We are scheduled for January 20th and 21st. We are both VERY EXCITED that it is only 2 weeks away. We both still have a million questions but i think they are questions only we will know after the operation is done. We both are still looking for some support groups to join. So I wanted to thank you for replying to my message.
Most Active
Recent Topics