Finally approved !!!!

goddesstre
on 12/19/04 12:39 am - Harrisburg, PA
After 6mos of jumping through the Aetna hoops, I finally have approval!!! I go under on Dec. 27th. I was so thankful that Dr. Bertha's office could get me in before the end of the year, because my company changed insurance again. I have just a few questions... I am having the laproscopic gastric bypass and I am wondering what the average hospital stay will be and how bad did people feel coming out of the surgery at first? I have a high threshould of pain so I'm not too concerned with that, but I have heard about the tubes being down your nose and throat and that is bugging me out....LOL... any words of wisdom??? Thanks...
Meg3931
on 12/19/04 8:16 am - Landing, NJ
Tammy, I had laproscopic as well and i was there for three days but they say everyone is different. I have never had any kind of surgery before, so I was really freaked out about having a tube down my throat and anesthsia! When I was completly awake I was told that I had ripped the tube and IVs out but I don't remember any of that! I remember waking up really angry because they wouldn't let me sit up! Also they didn't tell me when they putting me under. So don't worry about the tube you won't even know when they put it in or take it out. I felt ok after i got sick my back just hurt a lot! The pain medicine calmed me down i only needed it for two das and the three days in the hospital weren't to bad. Good Luck to you!!!
Susan Hegarty
on 12/19/04 8:37 pm - Easton, PA
Hi Tammy CONGRATS!!!!! I am so happy for you. I had lap rny on 11/24 and was only in the hospital for 2 days and walking the same night of surgery. I had no pain at all. Every surgeon every surgery and every "body" is different. You will be fine and you will do great!! Best of luck to you and see you on the losing side Susan LAP RNY 11/24/04 - 32 lbs.
sweetaim2
on 12/19/04 11:19 pm - Monmouth Junction, NJ
Congrats! I also have Aetna and it took me one week to get approved. Of course I had to see every surgeon known to man. My surgery date is 1/25/05 with Dr. Kollar. All I've been told about hospital stay is it depends on how you feel & how fast you heal. I've been in the hospital several times for different things & my recovery time is pretty good. Good luck, Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics