PLEASE, I NEED SOME FEEDBACK???

Susan Hegarty
on 12/13/04 1:31 am - Easton, PA
Well I did it, I joined a gym today . I decided to join Womens Workout Express, which is like a Curves. I feel really good about it and have made a committment to go in the morning before work. It's only 5 minutes from where I live and the hours are perfect. When I was there I weighed myself and I am down another -8 lbs. That makes a total of -29 lbs. since my surgery which was on 11/24. I was happy but felt like I should have lost more, should I have done better? Don't get me wrong I am VERY happy and proud of myself . Can you guys give me some feedback and let me know if this is a good weight loss in this amount of time? What did other post-ops average at this time out. I know that everyone is different but I am just curious. Thanks everone and God Bless. Susan
(deactivated member)
on 12/13/04 3:33 am - Little Egg Harbor, NJ
Hey Susan :} Don't sweat it...so to speak :} Everybody loses at a different pace. My surgery was 10 weeks ago today, and I feel like I've been stalled for a month. The fact that you joined the gym will only help you! I joined a gym too, but I don't go nearly as much as I should. Probably why my loss isn't where it should/could be. Don't get discouraged....I know, easy to say, right? Your body's still adjusting to this major change...doesn't quite know what to make of it. The weight loss'll kick in again. I think I'm gonna be one of the 'slow losers'....and I'm okay with that. I think I'd rather lose it slowly than too much too fast, y'know? Hang in there...you're doing great ;) kar
Krissy
on 12/13/04 5:27 am - Cranford, NJ
Susan, Congrats on your decision to join a gym! Dont worry about your weight loss especially if you are working out. You could be building muscle which weighs mo
jmdacc
on 12/13/04 11:31 am - Bridgewater, NJ
Susan, you may be interested in checking out the "WLS Reunion" board for November 2004. It will be full of people who had surgery during the same month as you, going through the same things as you. The button is on the top right corner of your screen. Jen
Linda 1.
on 12/14/04 10:45 am - Northern, NJ
You are doing fine....I used the weight loss planner on this site to see how I was doing....you will be amazed at how it all averages out eventually. Remember to put in realisic percentages when using the calculator.....RNY patients can expect to lose 65-75% of their excess weight.
jersey girl
on 12/14/04 10:10 pm - MONMOUTH COUNTY, NJ
Don't worry. The weight will come off. I have lost approx 90% of my extra weight,and my posts have been filled with complaints re plateau after plateau. My experience has been that I do not lose any weight for weeks at a time, and then I drop the weight all of a sudden. Congrats on joining an exercise program as that will help you maximize your potential wt loss. Just stay with the program of protein, water, and exercise and you'll be fine. Sometimes to give me a little jumpstart, I increase protein a lot and restrict carbs < 20 grams. Good luck. JG
Susanna B.
on 12/17/04 12:37 pm - Runnemede, NJ
honey, you are doing just fine!!! My first week I lost a lot, then it slowed down, too. There were some weeks when I didn't loose anything at all and then it starts right up again. After a few months I usually lost 1/2lb a day. Now-I just passed 1 year on Dec. 15th- I lost 154lb and my BMI is normal at 21. 3-4 weeks out and 29lb is great. And when you start going to the gym, your metabolsim will go up as well and you start loosing more. Don't overdo it at first though. When I started going to the gym, at first I got tired afterwards and went home and napped(lol), but that,too, stoped soon and I started to feel more energized. Be proud of yourself. You are doing great! Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics