Nervous!!! HELP!

Laura_C
on 12/11/04 11:05 am - Beautiful, NJ
Well... my surgery is 9 days away... I'm having a Lap RNY at Barnert hospital,.. my surgeon is Franklyn Vazquez.. and I'm really really nervous! Ok... I'm scared to death. lol I know in my heart this is the best thing I've ever done for myself... but the little devil on my shoulder won't SHUT UP!! I worry about complications.. dying... the surgeons experience.. you name it! If anyone out there has any words of comfort.. BOY do I need 'em! Also,.. if anyone's had the surgery with Dr. Vazquez or at Barnert hospital... I'd really like to hear about your experience. Please pray for me, Laura C. 9 days to surgery and counting!!
Kathy S.
on 12/11/04 9:35 pm - Rio Grande, NJ
Laura You have to feel comforable with your doctor. If you have faith in him that all that matters. I went to a hospital in Bridgeton, NJ and people told me I was crazy going there. I feel that your doctor is the most important thing. The doctor is the one that controls everything. My hiospital didn't look good but the doctors were great. I don't know your age but I was 54 when I had the operation in June. Believe me it was the best thing I could have done. I feel wonderful and lost 85 lbs. Keep your self busy with reading, watching movies and doing things before the operation. On the day of surgery put a smile on your face, postive altitude, and everything will be fine. Good luck and get us inform. Kathy
Laura_C
on 12/11/04 11:47 pm - Beautiful, NJ
Thanks so much Kathy,... Just the tiniest bit of encouragement goes so far.. I'm so glad you're doing well... what an inspiration this place is.. I think I'd be crazy right now without it. Thank you so much, Laura C. 8 days to surgery and counting
Susan Hegarty
on 12/12/04 11:37 am - Easton, PA
Hi Laura I just wanted to wish you the best on your upcoming surgery. Feeling nervous and worrying about complications & dying is so normal. I was a wreck before my surgery to the point where I was causing myself to have panic attacks. I prayed and asked God to take away all those feelings. The day of surgery I was at peace. I made it through with not one complication, side effect or ounce of pain. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I won't lie to you and tell you this is easy, because it isn't. But It is a blessing and a wonderful tool! I feel very fortunate and attribute alot of it to my surgeon and all the prayers that went out to me on that day. You will do great!! See you on the losing side!! Susan lap rny 11/24 04
Most Active
Recent Topics