Dr. Joe Capella

kimkny
on 12/10/04 1:11 pm - Northeast, US
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the plastic surgeon Dr. Joe Capella? I have a consultation on Friday and would love to receive some feedback! Many thanks, Kim 347/159
NJChick
on 12/11/04 2:59 pm - NJ
Dear Kim, I don't know Dr. Capella, but I see you live in NYC. You might want to consider Dr. Ibriham and Dr. Vaimakis in Englewood, NJ. They were my surgeons. They are excellent and perform every possible pre op test possible. If you want more information please feel free to email me!!!
kimkny
on 12/14/04 12:19 pm - Northeast, US
Hi there. Are these guys weight loss surgeons or plastic surgeons? I don't see them on the plastic surgery list of surgeons. Thanks!
SAVAGE
on 12/12/04 11:21 am - Howell, NJ
KIm, I have no personal experience with him but i have heard good things about him. His father does the WLS and he does the plastics and I have heard they are both excellent. good luck joyce
kimkny
on 12/12/04 1:54 pm - Northeast, US
Thanks Joyce. I've heard good things as well. And I've heard his prices are somewhat more reasonable than those in the City which is another reason I am checking him out. I want/need someone who is experienced with wls patients. Thanks again, and take care. Kim 347/158
Nannette
on 12/12/04 10:54 pm - Toms River, NJ
Hey Kim - Dr Joe is doing my LBL in late January. I have "seen" his work as he has done two of my WLS friends. After I consulted with four PS, it was clear that he was the one -- at least for the LBL surgery. I may not use him for future surgeries only because of the distance between my home and him, but his prices are definately more reasonable than any of the others I've consulted. Lap RNY 6/16/03 -- 336/156 (loss of 180#)
kimkny
on 12/14/04 12:15 pm - Northeast, US
Hi Nannette. You look great! We're so close in everything - I started at 347 and am at 157 now. Anyway, good luck with your surgery in January. Please post about your experience and I will of course bother you with questions as well! From what you've seen, did you like his work? Were your friends happy with the results? Is the only reason distance that you wouldn't see him for other surgeries or do you think he's just not as experienced? Thanks Nannette, and I hope you are doing well.
Nannette
on 12/14/04 10:05 pm - Toms River, NJ
Thanks Kim - I'll keep you posted. I've heard he can be a bit arrogant, but both my friends were very happy with the results of the LBL. Yes, distance is the only reason I wouldn't use him for other procedures, primarily - but I also think each PS has a "specialty" or an area they enjoy working with more. Dr Joe's specialty is the LBL. A local PS in my town has a good rep for breasts and faces, so I am contemplating using him for those things, although he is more expensive than Dr Joe. As for the inner thighs, which will be the last PS I have, I haven't decided yet -- I will talk to Dr Joe and Dr Rosen both about that and then decide which to use. I do know that while it is the least expensive, it will be the most painful to recuperate from - I've gotten lots of feedback on this from other WLS'ers who have gone the complete PS route.
kimkny
on 12/14/04 10:22 pm - Northeast, US
Thanks Nannette. Arrogance I can deal with, my wls is the same way, but he's great at what he does. I just want to walk out with a great LBL and hopefully other things. I've heard the same about inner thighs! Definitely the most painful to recuperate from. Good luck preparing for the LBL, you must be very excited! I am looking forward to meeting him on Friday to see what he can do for me. Have a great day!
Linda 1.
on 12/14/04 10:48 am - Northern, NJ
I have heard mixed reviews, but a lot of people like him since his dad does the RNY surgery......He lost some respect from a lot of people when he started "throwing in" a tummy tuck for a few thousand extra DURING his fathers bypass surgery....seems like it would be a little tough to do a good tuck before any weight has been lost! I am starting to look for someone in northern NJ as well, keep me posted on how you make out!
Most Active
Recent Topics