Finding, forming, or listing NJ support groups

Ed M.
on 12/9/04 12:18 pm - Denville, NJ
If you are: - looking for any type of NJ support group (an open bariatric support group, or an O.A., T.O.P.S., or other no-fee support group); - interested in free help in learning how to start a member-run, mutual help support group; or - listing your no-fee support group if we don't have it listed already, call the State-funded, no-fee NJ Self-Help Group Clearinghouse toll-free from anywhere in NJ at 1-800-367-6274 or 1-800-FOR-M.A.S.H. (Mutual Aid Self-Help). The NJ Clearinghouse provides descriptions and contacts for over 4,500 local NJ support groups, and over 1,100 national and online support networks for any illness, disability, addiction, bereavement situation, parenting, caregiver concern, abuse, or other stressful life situation. Groups are also included in an annual 700-page Directory of groups that goes to hospitals and professionals throughout the State. Website is: www.selfhelpgroups.org Take care and hope, - Ed "My years as a medical practitioner, as well as my own first-hand experience, have taught me how important self-help groups are in assisting their members in dealing with problems, stress, hardship and pain... the benefits of mutual aid are experienced by millions of people who turn to others with a similar problem to attempt to deal with their isolation, powerlessness, alienation, and the awful feeling that nobody understands." - former U.S. Surgeon General C. Everett Koop, MD
Most Active
Recent Topics