Support Group in Somerset County

Valerie F.
on 12/9/04 8:13 am - South Bound Brook, NJ
Does anyone know of a post-surgery open support group in Somerset County? Due to insurance purposes, the surgeon I chose is quite a distance from where I live and I am unable to attend his support group sessions. Thanks!
Joisey_Girl
on 12/9/04 11:54 pm - NJ
Hi Valerie, I am not personally aware of any support groups within Somerset County. My surgeon is out in PA. Just wanted to say hi, as we're "neighbors" (I'm in Manville). Also, your profile shows your surgery date as 2008. Is that correct? Your post is inquirin about post-surgery? ~Christine
Robin C.
on 12/10/04 1:03 am - Basking Ridge, NJ
There is a support group in Basking Ridge at the Olde Mill Inn. The date is Dec 15th. 225 Route 202. 287N exit 30B you can get more information by going to advancedlaparoscopicsurgeons.com Good Luck... maybe I will meet you there. Robin
Maryellen D.
on 12/14/04 10:31 pm - Scotch Plains, NJ
There is a group called Bariatric Angels, open to anyone having surgery. They meet on Tuesdays. Starting Tuesday, Jan. 4, they meet at the Bound Brook Presbyterina Church, Bound Brook. I think the time is 7 or 7:30. I am not at work, but wanted to post a reply. I can check at home and get back about the time. Maryellen
Valerie F.
on 12/15/04 5:15 am - South Bound Brook, NJ
Thanks for your reply, Maryellen. Bound Brook would be REALLY close for me. Is this just a pre-op informational meeting or is it a post-op support group? Any information you can provide would be great! Thanks, Valerie
Maryellen D.
on 12/19/04 1:43 am - Scotch Plains, NJ
The Bariatric Angels group meets every Tuesday at The Bound Brook Presbyterian Church, Rt. 28 and Mountain Ave. The meetings are open to all post surgical patients, no matter what surgeon. The time is 7 - 8 p.m. for those less than 6 months, and 8 -9 p.m. for those over 6 months. I hope to start attending in January. This group used to meet somewhere else alittle farther than I would want to travel. I am only 6 weeks post op and just now getting my energy back. I sure hope to attend the first meeting on Jan. 4. Maryellen
Most Active
Recent Topics