what's going to happen?

barbara G.
on 12/9/04 6:03 am - bayville, NJ
the seminar with dr. onopochenco is in 2 days! my insurance company won't cover wls, but my in-laws will pay for it (). i'm so excited to start my new life, but i'm scared it won't come soon enough. I don' t know anyone who's had wls, so i don't have anyone to talk to. i'm so thankful for my husbands' mom & dads' support, and i'm a little bit .
njcutie
on 12/9/04 9:42 am - Brick, NJ
good luck with the surgery. it was the best thing i have every done for myself and i am very happen i did it. i am 5 months post op and have lost 75lbs so far. if you need anymore advice drop me an e-mail.
barbara G.
on 12/9/04 10:03 am - bayville, NJ
hi, sherry! thankyou for your reply. i can hardly believe that i may be as lucky as you have been. sherry, this is making me more determined than ever! thanks! barb
Susanna B.
on 12/9/04 1:36 pm - Runnemede, NJ
hi sherry, I'm almost 1 year past my surgery now. I have lost 154lb, are in a size 5/6 now and feel great. I had very little complications and I credit that to all the resurch I've done on the surgeons etc. One thing I found out, is that you don't want to ru**** Councelling prior to the surgery is very important, but any surgeon that does not take the time to do ALL the testing needed, often have a much higher death rate and a lot more complications afterwards. Do your homework, get all the testing done, get the councelling and will be much more likely to get everything out of WLS you ever thought possible. I know how you feel- you want that surgery today- but don't rush into it without learning everything you can about it and your surgeon. good luck, Sue
barbara G.
on 12/9/04 9:57 pm - bayville, NJ
hi, sue. i'm thinking you can sense my enthusiasm. i understand the need to go through all the requirements and i'm ready. things just seemed so hopeless for so long...as i do my research and hear from those who've been in my shoes, i've had my eyes opened! i am not doomed! p.s.-154lbs!!!!! congratulations! barb
Most Active
Recent Topics