NEED HELP ON HOW TO MAINTAIN.....

Susanna B.
on 12/8/04 9:35 am - Runnemede, NJ
HI THERE. I HAD WLS DONE DEC.15TH OF LAST YEAR. I'M 5'10" AND USED TO WEIGH 307LB. SINCE THEN I LOST MORE THAN 1/2 OF MY BODY WEIGHT. I LOST 154LB AND NOW WEIGH 153LB. IT'S GREAT- I'M IN A SIZE 5 NOW. HOWEVER, I'VE BEEN TRYING TO JUST MAINTAIN, BUT I KEEP ON LOOSING. I'M SCARED TO CHANGE MY EATING HABITS TO MUCH- I'M FINE WITH WHAT AND HOW MUCH I EAT AND DON'T WANT TO RISK GAINING THE WEIGHT BACK. SO MY QUESTION IS WILL THE WEIGHTLOSS JUST STOP ON ITS OWN SOON OR DO I HAVE TO AJUST MY EATING. IF SO, WHAT'S THE BEST WAY OF DOING SO- DON'T WANT TO STRETCH OUT THE POUTCH. SUE BRACKEN
jmdacc
on 12/10/04 7:41 am - Bridgewater, NJ
You have to adjust your eating. You have to consume the same amount of calories that your body burns in a day, or you will lose weight. Go back to basics. Keep a food log. Figure out how many calories you're consuming. Then, slowly adjust up your calories. Adding a snack is not a binge or cheating if it is scheduled ahead of time, done purposefully, and brings you to the level of calories you need. fitday dot com makes it very easy to figure out your basal metabolic rate (calories you burn to exist, based on your weight and lifestyle), calories burned through excercise, and calories consumed. Good luck Jen
Susanna B.
on 12/10/04 11:51 am - Runnemede, NJ
Hi Jennifer, thank you so much for your reply. It makes sense and I will follow your advice. Thank you again, Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics