I need an angel

George H.
on 11/29/04 9:29 pm - Shamong, NJ
having wls 12-10-04 at university of penn in philadelphia. I live in burlington county HELP!
Sherry K.
on 11/29/04 10:34 pm - Clementon, NJ
Hi George I want to wish you all the best. I had open on Sept 20 and im doing so well, I have been very fortunate to have not had any problems at all. If you have any questions please post everyone on the message board is always so willing to help. Wishing you all the best. Sherry
TaraStewart
on 11/30/04 7:24 am - Willingboro, NJ
George, I just sent you an email. Tara (willingboro, NJ)
Melissa... H.
on 11/30/04 8:08 am - Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Hi George...I'm pretty new here myself. i am in the process of trying to find some medical coverage in order to get my surgery. I read your profile & was just curious why they decided to do open on you instead of lap.? I hope that you don't mind, but how much do you weigh right now? I have inlcuded a copy of my profile so that you could hear my story. I hope to talk to you soon! Good luck & be safe. Melissa I am a 23 yr. old single mom of a beautiful 22 mth.old little boy. We live in NJ & are blessed enough to live w/ my mom. I now weigh probably about 350 lbs. at 5'6" & I don't know what to do. I've been researching the gastric bypass for about a year...but not taking it lightly...it's very scary when you have children to think about. I don't have insurance & have no income to pay for surgery...I take care of my son full-time & my mother is disabled & not able to help as much as she would like. I'm scared to death that this weight is going to kill me! I want to be able to see my son grow up...I'm the only one he has...he needs me to be here for him. I can't even get down on the floor to play w/ him because it's almost impossible to get up.I am in constant pain everyday...my knees scream everytime I walk. I can't even carry my son for 5 min. w/out being out of breath & breaking a sweat. It's so embarrasing. When he sits w/ me it's like he's just lays across a mound of fat that I call my belly.I can't go swimming w/ him or take him to the beach. I can't fit on amusement rides so if he wants to go...someone else has to take him & if they can't go on w/ him he misses out. It really breaks my heart. I feel so ashamed. I am missing out on so much of his life...I feel so bad for him...that he doesn't have the mom he deserves. I love him so much, but I don't think he'll ever know how much because I can't do all the things in life w/ him that I want to. I don't want him to think that i'm just lazy, but it's so embarrassing to keep saying i'm sorry...but mommy is just too big or mommy just can't fit.I just wanted to talk to someone who knew what I was going through & could maybe point me in the right direction.If anyone could help me or point me in the right direction to find some way to get this surgery it would mean the world to me. I am willing to go through with all the pain & learning a new way of living because nothing is more painfull than knowing you are missing out on your life because of something you just can't fix on your own. I need help. Please can anyone help me? Thank you so much for taking the time to read this...it really means the world to me. Please feel free to e-mail me privately as well...I know that it's easier. My e-mail is [email protected] Thank you again & good luck to those in my boat & congrats to the people who have surpassed it!
George H.
on 11/30/04 10:07 am - Shamong, NJ
Melissa Hi I am not really sure why I am having open sugery instead of lap.It may be because I weigh 371 pounds and carry most of my weight on my belly I am also 5foot 6inches tall. Thanks for your well wishes George
Most Active
Recent Topics