Ready To Avoid The Holiday Traps!!!

jlewisjr
on 11/26/04 1:34 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Hi Everyone: Happy Friday after Thanksgiving to all!!! I managed to survive the 2nd annual "Mom, I can't eat the way I used to eat day". This was my 2nd Thanksgiving since surgery and although I ate a little more than last year my mom is still having a hard time looking at be eat a little while everyone else was piling it on like it was their last meal ever in life. Was I uncomfortable watching everyone stuff themselves? NO Was I wishing for the good old days of stuffing myself? NO Was I reaching for the Pepto-Bismol like everyone else? NO Was I a happy camper eating normally and getting in my protein first? YES Did I get up this morning and the first thing I did was go work out? DAMN RIGHT I DID I did not deprive myself of anything I wanted to eat yeaterday but I good choices and maintained my displine. I look at holidays like traps enticing us to say to ourselves "what the heck, It's only one day and it will not hurt to splerge" but I look at it as any other day that I have to get in my protein, my water and my exercise. Now that we are in the holiday season I know that I have to up my concentration level so I will not give in to all the traps that are being set at the holiday parties I will be attending. I will have a good time but I will also make smart food choices and up my exercise and assist my WLS tool to do its job. Till next time, Jesse 373/190/-183
*linda* J.
on 11/27/04 8:28 am - belmar, nj
Oh Jesse Lewis jr... I find your entries to be so positive and full of life. Haven't met with a surgeon yet but, plan to in the new year. I was kind of hesitant but, posts like yours make me feel positive! Thank you and all the others who encourge me to believe this lifestyle is a wonderful way to live. love, linda
Most Active
Recent Topics