I think I've changed my mind about surgery

Dina S.
on 11/17/04 10:45 pm - west berlin, NJ
I have surgery for tomorrow and I think I don't want to do it anymore. I am only 65-75lbs overweight and think maybe if I give myself more time to be sure, because as of right now I am not sure this is for me. I don't know if it is fear or what it is, What should I do? Please Help!!!!
TrishC
on 11/17/04 10:59 pm - Lakehurst, NJ
Dina, you need to do some serious soul searching to determine if this is what you really want to do or not. No one else can make this decision for you. Might I ask, how you are eligible if you are only 65-75lbs overweight? Do you have a lot of co-morbidities? If this is the right path for you, you will know in your heart and you will be sure. If you don't feel confident in your decision, maybe you should postpone the surgery for now. Have you discussed these feelings with your doctor? I think that would be a good place to start. Good luck in whatever decision you make and God Bless.
Susan Hegarty
on 11/18/04 2:12 am - Easton, PA
Hi Dina I agree that you need to do some serious thinking. I know that the band is reversable but the bypass, well thats a whole different story. I am having my surgery Wednesday and was told it is normal to question my decision or be scared, etc. Definately talk to your doctor and your support network. We definately want to be sure before having a major surgery like this. God bless and good luck to you. Susan
SAVAGE
on 11/19/04 12:26 pm - Howell, NJ
Hello there, I know I have the hot and cold back and forth with this somethime BUT i am 300 pounds and I know I need to do this. If I were you I would do some serious praying and soul searching and see what you need to do. I had rerally good luck with the low glycemic index diet the dietician give to me i lost 22 pounds in 3 weeks, so if it is only 70 pounds you need to loose maybe look into it. if you want the info I will sebnd it to you it is easy to follow but i need to loos 150 pounds! Not that 70 is no less hard for you. Only you can make the decision for this, I know years ago when I had my tubes tied the first time I backed out and later after a year and finial realizationit was the best thing I did do the tubal. you will know what to do when it is time god bless joyce
Most Active
Recent Topics