Stressing...Have a Question

Dina S.
on 11/13/04 12:27 am - west berlin, NJ
I am going for surgery on Friday the 19th, I have a cold, will the doctor postpone surgery? I have been waiting for 9 months now and and gonna die if he postpones my surgery, I have been on antibiotics for days to prevent anything from getting worse and hopefully it will be gone by then, but when do I have to call my doctor and tell him? I don't want him to cancel the surgery!!! I am also very scared about the surgery and the complications that may come with it. I think about the end result and am Okay, just hope I am well enough to enjoy it. I have no medical conditions that could cause any complications, but the fear is definetly there. I am married and have 3 kids and a grandchild on the way and my family needs me too much for anything to happen to me. Please pray for me to have a safe surgery and a speedy recovery. Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!
SANDY P.
on 11/13/04 2:12 am - goldsboro, NC
Hi Dina Well I just had my surgery on this past tuesday the 9th and I went into the hospital with a cold and was feeling the same way you where about this and my doc never even said a word to me about my cold and i came home with the same cold hehe i wish they would have left it there but. i can say that i know if you been talking meds just make sure you let them know so if you blood counts are off then will understand why. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME ANYTIME SANDY 5 days post op
Sweet N.
on 11/13/04 6:27 am - paterson, nj
Hi Dina, I haven't had surgery yet, but I understand your fear for I have them too. No surgery is without risks and I truly believe all is well. I will keep you and your surgeon in prayer.See you on the losing side. Just wanted to encourage you.
Dina S.
on 11/13/04 8:54 pm - west berlin, NJ
Sandy adn Sarah thank you for your response. I tried to email Sandy and for some reason I can't. You can email me at [email protected], I would like to hear more about how you are doing. I hope you stay well and can only hope I feel the same way after the surgery. I have not been able to sleep well, keep having anxiety about the surgery but dreaming that all went well, so that is a good thing. Please contact me. I have a sister whos hubby is in Iraq right now, luckly she only lives down the street from me so it makes things easier for her because she too has 2 boys and I can help her, soon it will be her turn to help me with my 4yr old. Lucky Her (HA). Keep strong. Thank you!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics