4 days until surgery and counting!

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/04 8:17 am - old bridge, NJ
I'm four days away from the biggest change in my life. Im trying hard to prepare myself both mentally and physically. Anyone have any suggestions to relieve some of the pre op stress. Thanks for you help. Take Care- Kristie Marie~
ljm1017
on 11/12/04 9:10 am - Kissimmee, FL
Kristie, I just got approved myself, but I will be praying for you. From what I am told if you can get through the first week, you are good to go. No one has had any regrets. Have you been going to any support groups, they seem to be a good place to get answers, support and help. Lisa M.
Laura H.
on 11/12/04 8:42 pm - Belford, NJ
WOW 4 days !!!!! I know it gets a little stressful but hang in there you will be fine. Just try and keep yourself busy so you don't think about it too much (I know its hard not to) Sorry I don't have too much advice to share I just tried to take it one day at a time. Good luck with the surgery hopefully it you will have a quick recovery. Laura
Susan Hegarty
on 11/12/04 9:49 pm - Easton, PA
(((Marie))) 10 days and counting for me!! I know how nervous you are I am just tring to keep myself busy and stay close to the ones I love and asking God to help me through this. You will do great!! Best of luck to you and see you on the other side!! Susan
Kathy S.
on 11/12/04 11:30 pm - Rio Grande, NJ
Hi Kristie One of the things I did was continue teaching school until the day of my surgery. This kept my mind occupied and I didn't have time to think. The best advice I can give you is to think of this as a new beginning. I cannot tell you how good I feel. Keep a smile on your face and remember that everything will be fine. Watch some funny movies and make yourself laugh. Keep us posted about your surgery. Kathy
SpyderS
on 11/13/04 3:06 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Hey Kathy... You look great as always. I agree with you about keeping busy. I worked all the way up to the day I had surgery, and I really didin't have any time to ponder. I was confident with my surgeon (me and Kathy have the same guy) and his abilities, but most important, I was confident that I had made the right decesion. (now... if I was only that sure when I got married!!)). LOL. Good luck to you. Spyder -73
SANDY P.
on 11/13/04 1:57 am - goldsboro, NC
I want to wish you the best of luck and tell you that i am only 5 days post and am feeling great aready and I can say i was where you are right now only a week ago and i can tell you JUST REMEMBER THIS IS YOUR SECOND CHANCE AT LIFE AND LIVE IT UP. sandy
jill C.
on 11/14/04 12:49 pm - somerset, NJ
Best of luck! Close your eyes and envision the new you that's about to surface. Think how much better you're going to feel, and how much clothes shopping you will get to do in the near future. Pinch yourself- Your dream is about to come try- (not to hard) ha ha! By the way I'll probably be asking you this same question in the near future and I expect you to have better advice than mine!
Susan S.
on 11/15/04 7:01 am - Marlboro, NJ
Dear Kristie Marie, Tomorrow will be 9 months since I had my surgery. So in 9 months from tomorrow, you will be writing the same type of email to a nervous pre-op future babe! Pay it forward! I'm down 130lbs! My health has improved 100%. The one thing my therapist has told me 1000 times is that I better come up with some coping skills b/c the surgery fixes the belly, but it doesn't fix the brain. So if you knit, crochet, read, crossword puzzles, do poetry, you get the picture -- you'll need some stuff to take the place of eating all the time. You'll be fine! Where are you having surgery? I had mine at Hackensack. Good Luck!!! Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics