Hoping to join the BANDwagon- consult date 12/1

jill C.
on 11/11/04 2:28 pm - somerset, NJ
Hi everyone- my name is Jill. I have found your posts very helpful. I have a surgical consultation 12/1 with Dr. Abkin in Florham Park, whom I have heard wonderful things about. I am encouraged by this support group becuase my husband is not supportive, so I will need to get support elsewhere. I've gained 100 lbs. in the past few years, and as you can imagine, like most of you, are miserable, depressed, and just physically and emotionally exhausted. and in constant pain. I'm not looking for a cure in a pill so to speak. I have researched this procedure, and know that it requires a lot of hard work on my part, and for the rest of my life. This is why I find this procedure more realistic than the bypass. For me, the bypass would be like putting a bandaid on a wound that required stitches. It doesn't address or support the emotional reasons triggereing the overeating or compulsive eating issues many of us have. I hope throughout this experience I will get to know all of you, and gain lots of experience and freindships, as well as recipricate them too. Thanks for sharing all of your personal experiences, they are inspirational.
Laura H.
on 11/12/04 3:59 am - Belford, NJ
Hi Jill WELCOME !!!!! I'm sorry your husband is not supportive. We are a small group over here but everyone is very supportive. I just had my surgery on 9/21/04 so if you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm here if you need a friend. Also I have heard great things about Dr. Abkin too. Take care Laura 238/205/135
Most Active
Recent Topics