Best friend not happy about my approval

Susan Hegarty
on 11/11/04 7:32 am - Easton, PA
OK, I was and am so excited that I got my approval today. I have worked so so hard to get it. So of coarse I couldnt wait to tell my best friend/roommate. Well, she wasn't happy like I wanted her to be. Instead she again made it known that she doesn't approve of this and it's wrong in the "eyes of God". I am so deeply hurt, I don't know why her support means so much to me but it does. She told me I should be around the people who do support me with this and just deal with it. I have no choice really to accept her feelings like I wanted her to accept mine. My surgery is scheduled for 11/22 so I have less than a week to go! God bless.. Susan
artisticdork
on 11/11/04 7:51 am - brigantine, NJ
aww, well forget about her, surround yourself by posative people :D and i personally belive that everything that happens to us is in gods plan for our life. he wouldnt have lead you to the doctor and then have the insurance approve you for surgery if he didnt want it to happen. Dont let her get you down, this should be an awesome time for you :D and g/l. remember we are all here for ya if you need any support :D
jill C.
on 11/11/04 2:40 pm - somerset, NJ
Hi Susan, sometimes people don't adapt well to change, any change, good or bad. Maybe she's one of them. Or maybe she's a bit jealous? or maybe she's fearful that when you look better and feel better, you'll ditch her friendship, who knows. Although her support and approval means a lot to you, try to focus on YOU now, and your needs, and your happiness. Come here for your support if she cannot offer it to you at this time. Unfortunately we cannot control other peoples thoughts and behaviors as we would sometimes like to. We can only be responsible for ourselves. Hopefully she will come around. Friends should be supportive weather they agree or not, and care and love us unconditionally without judgement. At some point she might need a reminder of that. Not to mention that no one shou;d feel they have the right to judge what someone else does to their body. But for now, be happy, be excited, and weather or not your friend is there to hold your hand through this journey, you will get there noththeless. Everyone here is holding your hand from afar. Lots of luck- stay focused- envision yourself in the future.
lorihauck
on 11/12/04 5:57 pm - east windsor, NJ
RNY on 11/09/04 with
U always have me...hiome now call me tomorrow mid morning...I can tell u about it...Love and Hugs, Lori
Susan Hegarty
on 11/12/04 9:52 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks (((Lori))) Love ya lots and Im glad your home!! Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics