I still feel like crap!

Robina O.
on 11/9/04 8:19 pm - Piscataway, NJ
Hello All, My wls was on 10-26 and I am still feeling like crap. I am getting nervous b/c I have to return to work on Monday and my energy level is really low...I could really use some eating advice- I am on soft-moist and pretty much eat fish, cottage cheese, and baby food fruit of applesauce and peaches (I have cravings for fruit)- I would really like a crunchy apple! I could really use some tips Robina
Denise W.
on 11/9/04 10:57 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Stick to applesauce (though you could probably graduate to grown up applesauce, just no chunks), or you'll live to regret that crunch! Try mashing up a banana, overcooked veggies might give you a little variety too - just make sure they cooked VERY well. You could also do yogurt (Dannon Light 'n Fit or Columbo Light are good choices) If you have some protein powder around, you could add a little to it to boost your protein consumption with it. There's also pureed soup (just blend your favorite soup up so there's no chunks in it) instant oatmeal or cream of wheat (protein powder can be mixed into those as well). If you're craving something different. El Paso now makes fat free refried beans. I use to take a half cup, add a little salt, chili and garlic powder to it. Then I'd take a peice of Kraft cheese (the lowest fat one they make) and fold it into quarters and stick it right in the middle of the beans and nuke it until hot and gooey - yum! Hope that helps give you a little variety! As for your energy level - you're less than a month post-op, so you will still feel very low energy. You've just had major surgery, on top of drastically reducing your caloric intake. That's a major one-two punch that knocks your body on it's butt for at least a month or two. Once your body adjusts to the lack of food, you'll start to feel better. Hang in there and just take each day at a time. You'll continue to feel better every day and one morning wake up feeling quite energetic - I promise! Take care! Denise RNY 5/6/03 364 lbs to 175 lbs size 34 to a size 10!
Robina O.
on 11/9/04 11:11 pm - Piscataway, NJ
Thank you so much Denise! You must look and feel awesome. I cant wait until I am feeling better..tHnks for the food tips I will try all. I am so looking forward to that special morning when I will wake up feeling great. I tried the unflavored protein powder and it makes me sick...I put it in yogurt and it prettty much makes me nauseous! I tried it in broth also and the thought of it makes me sick! Most things make me nauseous! Again, thanks for your help!
Krissy
on 11/10/04 12:34 am - Cranford, NJ
Robina, Sorry to say but you are going to feel tired for a while. You just major surgery and you are hardly eating any food to keep your body fueled. Otherwise it seems like you are doing just fine! If you like ricotta cheese you can add just a touch of tomato sauce and parmesean cheese and heat until warm..it used to remind me of lasagne or take the ricotta cheese and add some cinnomon and splenda/equal walla..... a cannoli!! Ok you really have to use your imagination here!! hahaha Hang in there! ~Kristin
Robina O.
on 11/10/04 1:59 am - Piscataway, NJ
Whoa! I love ricotta cheese....that sounds really really good! pls forward any other recipes that u loved b/c I need all of the help...anything to get protein in. Thanks for caring Robina
Most Active
Recent Topics