Plastic Surgery

Krissy
on 11/8/04 1:56 am - Cranford, NJ
Has anyone gone through any type of plastic surgery since wls? Did you have to pay out of pocket? Did insurance cover any part of it? Any surgeons you can recommend? After looking for something cute to wear (from Victoria's Secret) to celebrate my 10 year wedding anniversary, I left there extremely depressed Dont get me wrong I am much more happier and healthier now than before but looking at my naked body after losing 180 lbs is quite emotional. Any rashes or infections or problems I have had due to excess skin has not been enough. I am just starting to really look into plastic surgery so any advice is welcome!! ~Kristin
Tammy W.
on 11/8/04 3:09 am - Roselle, NJ
Hi Kristin! I met you at Meredith's birthday party. I can recommend a great PS - Dr. Sanjay Lalla. He has one office in West Orange (973-324-9455). He somehow managed to have my insurance company pay for my surgery. He is/was wonderful. I am now 8 weeks post PS and I feel great. And if I must say so myself...look great! I never in my whole entire life thought I'd ever catch myself talking about myself that way!! My co-pay was $600 but that is/was also my yearly max out-of-pocket expense. Email me and I'll give you my number if you'd like to talk or check out his work! LOL Take care, Tammy
Krissy
on 11/9/04 12:36 am - Cranford, NJ
Hi Tammy! Glad to hear you are doing well!! Does Dr. Lalla have a website? What did you have done? ~Kristin
Tammy W.
on 11/9/04 1:29 am - Roselle, NJ
I don't think he has an "official" web page. I was referred to him by someone I work with who was having some work done. I did some research on the web (American Board of Plastic Surgery) and found alittle info on him. But it was mostly through word of mouth and "seeing is believing!". His waiting room (my 2nd post-op visit) was full of WLS patients. We were all comparing notes and surgeries. It was fun. He tries his best to get insurances to cover the procedure. I think it is the way he takes his photos personally. I have had my husband take shots but Dr. Lalla's really showed how much skin there really was. I had an abdominoplasty (full tummy tuck w/muscle tightening) done. He also did some work (lift) on my pubis mons area. I had the anchor incision done- he made my scar from the WLS practically disappear. I don't think you'd need that...you had your WLS done lap, right? I actually have referred two other patients to him. I know a woman here at work wanted to get a breast job done for her 50th birthday and a girl I know from Curves who wanted some work done. When I was in th OR prep...I remember one nurse saying how great he was...a real good boob and tummy doc she said. Let me know what goes on...and good luck!! Tammy
Tammy W.
on 11/9/04 1:35 am - Roselle, NJ
One more thought...about Dr. Lalla....I had seen about 11 plastic surgeons...8 would not even consider insurance...all self pay. When I called the other 3 all three had said "Sure we are in that plan and accept your insurance"...just to reel you in to see them but they neglect to tell you that you have to submit everything to the insurance company yourself but that is after you pay everything up front! Yikes....he was the only one to take the time and try at least. All I had to pay out were my office visit co-pays & my yearly out of pocket expense.
jersey girl
on 11/11/04 12:25 pm - MONMOUTH COUNTY, NJ
Log onto "intergroupsystems.com/samplewebs/cosmetica"
Krissy
on 11/14/04 11:28 pm - Cranford, NJ
Has anyone used Dr. Capella? I think I would like to do the "lower body lift". Do you know anyone else who performs the loewr body lift? If Im going to have surgery i would like to get as much done at one time! I did call Dr. Lalla's office they seemed very nice. The office told me he would return my call and he did! ~kristin
Most Active
Recent Topics