Hello, My name is Robina...

Robina O.
on 11/5/04 12:27 am - Piscataway, NJ
Hello, My name is Robina and I had wls on Oct. 26th. I am 29 yrs old and it was my birthday present to myself (B-D Nov. 2) I am so happy that all went well but I am so pooped! I basically have no energy to do anything! I am really interested in knowing how others felt one week post op. I also am having problems with the protein supps. I, or should I say my bossy pouch, does not like anything..Nectar, unflavored protein powder(unjury), chocolate flavored pp(unjury)..currently I am doing ok with the Atkins Advantage shakes....Also I am vomiting almost daily now...after I brush my teeth, when I think of certain scents and also I think when I drink too much....I can really use all of the help. I was also supposed to go back to work on Monday but I am having second thoughts....All suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Robina
BrendaGriffiths
on 11/5/04 3:52 am - cape may court house, nj
hello, one week after surgery you will not have much energy! i went back to work 12 days after surgery and i drive a school bus. your main concern right now should be getting enough fluid in. you could be put back in the hospital for dehydration. i too have a problem with smells, food and other. you should not be vomiting every day, maybe you should call your doctor and tell him about this. i had my surgery october 6th and i am still having problems with eating. i can't wait till meal time and then when it comes i dread it because the food hurts going down. the doctor says that this is normal and will lessen as time goes by but i will always have it to some extent. best of luck to you!
Robina O.
on 11/5/04 4:00 am - Piscataway, NJ
Thank you so much. I really focus on the fluid even when I cant get the alloted protein in....My doctor said that I didnt appear to be dehydrated and to keep focusing on being hydrated b/****il I began eating(today is my first day) I really wont have the energy. He also said that i should get more protein in now also. I shared the vomiting issue and he didnt seem concerned..he attributed most of my concerns with my "bodies constant changes". When did you have your surgery? What kind of foods does your pouch like? Again thank you!
BrendaGriffiths
on 11/5/04 7:16 am - cape may court house, nj
i had my surgery october 6th. my pouch dosn't like very much but is getting better. it likes scrambled eggs but not soft boiled. turkey lunchmeat, rice crispies, hormel canned chicken( turkey is gross), all kinds of soups, cottage cheese, string cheese. i cant think right now but i know there is more. glad you talked with your dr. i get the feeling that i will throw up but nothing ever comes up. i am having a hard time getting fluids in. good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics