Can someone help find a hospital and a Doctor????

Nancy S.
on 10/30/04 9:11 am - Mullica Hill, NJ
I have been stressing about having Lap Band Surgery done for about a year. I am so scared, I am 49 years old and basically never had a stitch. I am looking for a Doctor who has performed many of the Lap Band surgeries. I live in South Jersey, therefore, I am close to Philadelphia hospitals and New Jersey hospitals. I need to lose at least 140 lbs. but I would settle for 100 lbs. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly apprecialed. Thanks, Nancy
SJWendy
on 10/30/04 11:30 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Hi Nancy, We're neighbors so I thought I'd give you my 2 cents. I suggest clicking on "find a doc" at the top of the page, then click on each state in the tri-state area, NJ, PA, DE, then on (B) to research the database for those states to find a doctor that performs lap band. The surgeons in the group I used have one doctor, Dr. Ing that performs Lap Band now. If your interested, they have a free mtg every other Monday night for pre-ops at 6pm in the cafateria at Willingboro Hospital (formally Rancocas Hospital). Its very informative as the drs are there to explain the procedures, answer questions, and give out information. The next mtg is 11/8/04. Good luck with your reseach! Wendy Dr. Greenbaum 275/189/150
lorihauck
on 10/31/04 10:10 pm - east windsor, NJ
RNY on 11/09/04 with
LOL, i was just gonna say dr. Wasser...because he is my dr. and I know they do the procedure in that group...u beat me to it!..i go in 8 days. for open...and I look forward to meeeting you at the meetings..been hectic because I was recouping from Bronchitis and I have been lying low not to get sick again before my surgery but I intend on going soon...Cya on the losing side Lori, NJ
DJ
on 11/1/04 2:37 am - Parsippany, NJ
I now most if not all at Morristown Memorial in Morris County do the band.
SJWendy
on 11/1/04 7:26 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Lori, Good luck next week with your surgery, your in good hands. Hope your feeling better after your bout with bronchitis and it doesn't hold things up for you. Keep positive and know that everyday is better than the last and you'll be home resting before you know it! Best wishes and hope to meet you at a mtg soon, Wendy
(deactivated member)
on 11/6/04 10:11 pm - woodbury, NJ
hi, i didn't have a lap band surgery but i did have an open rny started out at 293 now weigh 202 lbs...i had my surgery 6 mos ago and it's 91lbs since then...if you send me an email then i can give you the name and number of my dr..he doesn't do lap band but maybe you will consider rny... andrea
Most Active
Recent Topics