Nutritionist costs

Dina S.
on 10/29/04 12:35 am - west berlin, NJ
I am scheduled for surgery on the 19th of Nov., and of course I am nervous. I am hoping and praying I don't have any complication, but it the fear isn't going to stop me. I have had 2 c-sections and was up walking within hours and had other surgery and was moving pretty quickly, with no pain meds because I don't tolerate them well. What I am really wondering is what is the average cost for a Nutritionist? My doctors office has one and she is $1100, the insurance does not cover this cost and I was wondering if I could find someone else and save some money. If anyone knows of anyone please let me know. You can email me directly at [email protected]. Thanks Again Please pray for a safe operation and quick recovery with no complications. Thanks
SJWendy
on 10/30/04 11:40 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Wow, $1,100!!!!!! Thats insane. I think pre-op I saw a nutritionist and had to pay $179 and thought that was alot. I wish you all the best with your surgery in November. I also had 2 c-sections and I have to tell you its NOT the same as having open RNY. Its different having an incision vertically vs. horizonally in my opinion. I managed the pain in all three just fine and felt initially the RNY was worse. You will do fine, I'm sure! Keep positive and know that everyday is better than the day before. Best wishes, Wendy 275/189/150
jersey girl
on 10/31/04 9:59 am - MONMOUTH COUNTY, NJ
My nutritionist was Nicole Seigel in NYC. Her cost at that time was $200 for a preop consultation, her letter to my surgeon, and a full year of post op telephone and/or email support. She worked closely with my MD, and her fee may reflect a discount, but $1100 is insane!
Most Active
Recent Topics