CIGNA Insurance

Nancy S.
on 10/27/04 10:21 am - Newark, NJ
Are all Gastric Bypass Surgery's denied by CIGNA? I have a friend who wants to do the surgery and CIGNA is being a pain. What insurance companies approve this surgery? I tried looking into Blue Cross Blue Shields but I don't know which Plan covers .. Plan A/50, B, C or D?
Susan Hegarty
on 10/28/04 4:58 am - Easton, PA
Hi nancy I am currently going through a 2nd level appeal with Cigna. They have been nothing but difficult to deal with and are one of the toughest insurance companies to get approval from. My company is changing plans on 11/29 and I have chosen United Healthcare who I heard is much easier to get approval from. I have 3 letters of medical necesdsity, 52 weeks of medically supervised weight loss, nutritionist/psych consult completed, plus years of yo yo dieting. Cigna wanted more "thorough" clinical notes so I had to do yet another 26 week dr supervised diet. I just submitted my 2nd level appeal about 2 weeks ago and they claim they still haven't received the 42 pages that were faxed 5 times and overnighted twice. If they approve me ots a miracle, if not then I will precert under united in another month. It has been almost a year going through all of this so another month won't hurt right? best of luck to your friend and god bless. Susan
jersey girl
on 10/28/04 6:33 am - MONMOUTH COUNTY, NJ
Susan, You really should contact the state insurance commission. You have complied with everything Cigna wants. I am sure they can help with the run around Cigna gives you. JG
Susan Hegarty
on 10/28/04 8:09 am - Easton, PA
Hey Jersey Insurance commission? I figure by the time I go through all of that I will be covered under United Healthcare..lol. It has definately been a nightmare with Cigna....those *******s!! LOL. But I will call them and see what they have to say anyway, thanks Susan
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/04 12:55 am - Paradise Regained, NJ
I was approved recently by Cigna PPO. I won on my first appeal. Don't give up. P~
Most Active
Recent Topics