Here we go...

Jeff K.
on 10/27/04 2:35 am - Beesleys Point, NJ
Howdy, I have decided to pursue WLS. I have been thinking about it since Roker had his done, and even more after my dad died on Easter Sunday with a list of diabetic and weight-related problems too long to list. The final shove came a few weeks ago, when I saw the report about the number of co-mobidities that resolve after surgery. Right after that, I had an appointment with a new Endocrinologist. When I went in, I asked him about WLS, and found out he's a strong supporter. He told me he's had 85 patients do the surgery, and 84 have had "very positive" outcomes. He ordered some labs to get a baseline, and when they came back, I was shocked. My A1C level was 10.5 (avg. glucose of 360) and my Kidneys is dumping protein. I mainly wanted to introduce myself, and ask for your prayers as I dive head-first into this process. first up, I have an appt. with my PCP friday. I feel like he might give me grief over my decision, because he seems very conservative. I've gone ahead and scheduled a surgical consult with Dr. Iqbal in Vineland. He just happened to have an opening the exact day I needed. (Next Tuesday) Thanks! Jeff
Joisey_Girl
on 10/27/04 5:55 am - NJ
Hi Jeff! Just wanted to say hi and wish you the best of luc****ep us posted on your progress, ok?
Susan Hegarty
on 10/27/04 6:14 am - Easton, PA
Hi Jeff Best of luck to you on your journey. I am in the process of trying to get approval from my insurance company. You have my prayers and support. This is a great support site so stay involved. Susan
Kathy S.
on 10/27/04 11:01 am - Rio Grande, NJ
Jeff Dr. Iqbal is my doctor and he is wonderful. I was nervous and I didnt' know it I wanted to have the operation. I did it for medical reasons because I was starting to be a diabetic. It was the best thing I could have done. I lost 80 lbs since June and I am not taking any medicine. If you have any questions or concerns just e-mail or post them. Remember we are here for all of you. You are on the road to becomiing a new person. Hugs Kathy
MaryAnn R.
on 10/27/04 11:18 am - Beachwood, nj
Hi Jeff... Im 3 weeks post-op and down 25 lbs,,, best decision (besides marrying my husband 27 yrs ago ) < smile > that I ever made... Your in my thoughts and prayers.... MaryAnn
jlewisjr
on 10/28/04 12:27 pm - Elizabeth, NJ
Jeff: First, congratulations on your decision. You have to make choices that will prolong your life and the decision to pursue surgery is only the beginning of turning your life around. Go after getting the approvals with vigor and stay positive throught the process. You may have to lean on some people along the way to get to surgery but it will be worth it to get your life and health back. I also have a PCP who gave me a hard time but I stayed on him to give me my letter (I actually did it myself and made him sign it) and it has turned out to be the best decision I have ever made. Best of everything, Jesse
Most Active
Recent Topics