CAN'T STOP CRYING

COZETTE
HENDERSON

on 10/25/04 12:23 pm - TRENTON, NJ
PLEASE HELP ME FAMILY, RIGHT NOW THE LOW INCOME APARTMENT BUILDING I'M LIVING IN IS SOOOOO MOUSE EFFECTED, I MEAN EVERYTIME I CALL THE MAINTENCE CREW AND LANDLORD, THEY ALWAYS COME IN PUT DOWN TRAPS, POISON AND OTHER KILLER THINGS, BUT YET IT SEEMS LIKE MORE IS COMING. I ASKED OTHER PEOPLE IN THE BUILDING ARE THEY HAVING THIS PROBLEM BUT THEY ARE ALL SAYING THERES ARE WORSER THEN MINE AND THAT THEY ARE WORKIN TO MOVE OUT NOW AND I WITH THE SAME PLAN AS WELL. TONIGHT AFTER I TOOK A PAIN PILL I FELT SOMETHING ON THE SIDE OF ME IN I OPENED MY EYES TO SEE A ****** MOUSE CLIMBING UP N DOWN THE ARM OF THE COUCH AND THEN 10 MINS LATER MY SON RUNS IN THE LIVINGROOM TO TELL ME HOW HE JUST SAW A MOUSE RUN ACROSS HIS BED NOW THAT REALLY GOT ME PI**ED. PEOPLE I'M COMING TO U FOR YA HELP NOW, I KNOW MANY OF U *****AD THIS IS IN DIFFERENT PLACES OF JERSEY, I'M LIVING IN TRENTON NJ AND I'M SO READY TO LEAVE NOW...IF U KNOW OF ANY LOW INCOME PLACES IN YA AREA PLEASE E MAIL ME WITH ANY INFO ON THEM,,PLEASE DO, U WILL BE HELPING ME AND MY 3 LIL BOYS SOOO MUCH.
Irene S.
on 10/26/04 12:10 am - NJ
In addition to the traps and poison the maintenance crew is putting down, you can keep more mice from coming in by using plain steel wool to stuff all the spaces around pipes and floor boards. Just go one room at a time and plug every single crack around heating pipes, floorboards and such. Don't forget to do closets too. Mice can get into the tiniest places so really pack those cracks! If you can at least keep new ones from coming in, and kill the ones that are already there, you'll have a little peace until you can move. irene
Kristine K.
on 10/26/04 2:44 am - Toms River, NJ
I'm so sorry this is happening. Can you get a cat? Those mice will find a different place to go once they take one look at the cat. Hope this helps. Kris
Stacy C.
on 10/26/04 2:47 am - Kingsland, GA
In addition to the steel wool, you have to be sure to clean up the mouse droppings. They work as a pheramone (sp?). If they remain behind, the mice see it as a sign that no one is bothering the area and it's ok to return. (I thought this was crazy at first, but an exterminator told me it is true.) Also, have you tried talking to the health dept? Maybe they can help...Just a thought....best of luck to you!
sherri
on 10/26/04 4:34 am - New Brunswick, NJ
I feel your pain. I have mice too. The only solution is to get a cat. It seems that once a cat is in your home one mouse tells the others and off they go to someone else's apartment. Hope this helps.
Randi F.
on 10/27/04 3:22 am - West Orange, NJ
A CAT!!! That's the solution. I had some little visitors in our house a year ago. My cat was busy a few nights in a row and I had to toss out 3 of her catches... but after that, not a mouse again. NOT ONE! Good kitty....
SAVAGE
on 10/28/04 6:50 pm - Howell, NJ
cOZETTE, THAT IS SCARY!! sO SORRY YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH THAT. i WOULD CALL THE STATE HEALTH DEPARTMENT AND LODGE A COMPLAINT. IF IT IS FEDERAL HOUSING THEY SHOULD DO SOMETHING. CALL ONE OFTHE NEWS CHANNELS AND EXPOSR THEM i BET THEY WILL DO SOMETHING TRY TO GRT YOUT NEIGHBORS TO BACK YOU UPTHEN. oR TRY TO DEMAND TO MOVE TO A SAFER HOUSING DEVELOPENT THAT IS JUST AWFUL. i OWULD START WITH THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT AND LET THEM KNOW JUST HOW BAD IT IS. MOST DEFIONATLEY A HEALTH HAZZARD! GOD FORBID YOU OR YOUR SON GET BITTEN BY THE NASTY LITTLE SUCKERS. GOOD LUCK! joYCE
DALISA A.
on 10/29/04 3:16 pm - ROSELLE, NJ
cozette it doesn't make sense to try to get rid of the mice that are in your apartment if the other tenants are not trying to get rid of there's also about getting a cat that's a great idea but the only thing about a cat they can be very lazy so you can not feed the cat because once you feed the cat now it's full and the mice will play all in front of the cat's face so DON'T FEED THE CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. now if the cat is hungry and want to eat he have to catch the mice.please don't feed the cat and keep your apartment as clean as you can
(deactivated member)
on 11/21/04 12:01 pm - NJ
where do you live in trenton i am from there but i currently live in jersey city some of my famliy own a few buildings and my aunt works at welfare email me
Most Active
Recent Topics