wanted to know

njcutie
on 10/25/04 9:45 am - Brick, NJ
hi everyone! just wanted to know if anyone has had problems with drinking diet soda, or any type of carbonated drink.
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/04 1:18 pm - old bridge, NJ
Sherry, I have not had my surgery but was in my doctors office yesterday and was speaking to a post op wls patient that said she was having trouble with drinking soda. She said that the carbonation was very uncomfortable. Sorry I don't have more info but your not alone. Kristie Rotunno Old Bridge, NJ
lorihauck
on 10/26/04 3:35 am - east windsor, NJ
RNY on 11/09/04 with
talk to your surgeon...NO carbonated bevs at all...ever! they are a , bad habit first of ll and second carbonation stretches the pouch and who wants to go through surgery to fail.....good luck,Lori
Denise W.
on 10/26/04 4:50 am - Maple Shade, NJ
I know several people who drink carbonated soda post-op and are fine with it. Me, I hate the way it tastes now. Don't like the sodium flavor and hate the way it fizzes in my stomach (I can actually feel it do that now). I use to be a BIG diet soda drinker - diet Coke - had about 3 or 4 a day. I never thought I'd be able to completely give it up, but I really don't like it anymore. I drink a TON of decaf iced tea and Crystal Light. I can honestly say I don't miss the soda at all anymore and that's 18 months out. Good luck! Denise RNY 5/6/03 364/178 size 34 to a size 10!
Most Active
Recent Topics